Originally Posted by Aries Walker
I'm skeptical about:
- The "let's steal that super-weapon" plotline they're adding in;
- How it works without the mid-80's Cold War paranoia already in place;
- Josh Lucas;
- The fact that remakes of 80's movies are usually atrocious.
And I'm pretty sure it will get pretty bad reviews.
- I'm still looking forward to what choices these filmmakers make in adapting it to today;
- It still looks like a good action flick;
- I think we as a country could use something to stand up and cheer about;
- It looks like they're doing well in adapting some of the iconic scenes to this remake;
- I like the casting in general, and;
- Adrienne Palicki specifically.
So I'll see it.
1) Movie is made with upcoming actors and original idea on old material.
2) Movie hits the skids. Movie sold from one company to another without any real advertisers willing to commit. Movie finds internets can stir interest and funding. Movie uses this to stir interest.
3) Plot of film changed due to pressure from (THE ****ING ENEMY IN THE MOVIE) advertisers and backers to change the the "script."
4) Original "ok for an action flick" degraded (numerous cuts) to dog$3it SciFi films original level due to the fact the ****ing invaders in the film employed some lawyers (read: CHINA) and they had to salvage something since there were some now-pop stars in the film...