Well my opponent has yet to pluck a healthy TE. I assume he'll to do that tomorrow morning.
For the longterm health of my team, I continue to look for depth across the board.
I have officially pulled Greg Jennings, and put in Mike Williams, who will surely give me absolutely nothing in return.
Two things to keep my eyes trained on over the next couple of days:
- Somebody in my league just dropped Pierre Garcon, probably because he's doubtful. I put in a waiver claim for him, replacing Mike Williams. This league has rolling waivers, meaning it's not assigned to the claiming owner who automatically has the worst record, but instead randomizes throughout the season. So no telling if I'll land him. A pretty savvy owner dropped him today, on Saturday, knowing that Garcon won't come off waivers until Tuesday. So he might just swoop back in and claim him, but Pierre Garcon is a must-get player for depth.
- Pierre Thomas is still on the scrap heap. He's outplayed Mark Ingram, and has earned more fantasy points. The questions remain: Ingram gets the goalline work, and he's not as injury prone as Thomas.
- Yes, I realize I'm looking to add two players named "Pierre."
I was really happy, obviously, with the output I got from Andre Brown (~25 points) and Martellus Bennett (~13). No owner has made as many fantasy moves as me this year in this league (I'm already at 11), but I basically had to wipe out the entire back end of my roster to improve it:
- My backup RBs of David Wilson and Rashad Jennings were supplanted immediately. Andre Brown and DeAngelo Williams are much stronger options.
- Mark Ingram is on the short list to get cut soon if Pierre Thomas keeps outplaying him.
- The Titans offense has been too awful for me to rely on anybody but Nate Washington, who is now injured. Nate's not terribly good but he gets a ton of targets. Kendall Wright gave me one decent week in a losing effort (his spot is now occupied by Mike Williams and hopefully soon Pierre Garcon).
- Jared Cook's not shown to be the kind of red zone threat that Martellus Bennett is.