10-15-2012, 09:11 PM
stax of wax
Join Date: Feb 2004
Casino cash: $5000
Originally Posted by Bugeater
Phone: (785) 486-2681
Fax: (785) 486-2381
The City of Horton is a city of the second class and operates under a commission form of government. Horton City Code 1-201
. A city of the second class is any city that has been declared by the Governor of the State of Kansas as having a population between that of 2,000 and 15,000. K.S.A. 14-101 (1872)
. The City of Horton is one of only 14 cities of the second class, out of 91 total, that operate under the commission form of government in entire state. §1.19, Michael Heim, Kansas Local Government Law, Second Edition, 2001.
While state statute provides that cities chartered under article 11, chapter 14 of the Kansas Statutes shall have one mayor and two commissioners, K.S.A. 14-1204 (1968)
, “cities under their home-rule powers may establish different forms or make variations in statutory forms” of government. §1.12, Michael Heim, Kansas Local Government Law, Second Edition, 2001.
Horton City Commission.
Under the home-rule power, the City of Horton has abrogated the statutory number of members on the commission and has created five members. In Horton, the five members of the commission are the mayor, the commissioner of finance and revenue, the commissioner of streets and public utilities, the commissioner of parks, and the commissioner of police. Horton City Code 1-201
Current members of the Horton City Commission are:
- Mayor Tim Lentz, P.O. Box 30, Horton, Kans. 66439. Cell Phone: 785-548-5028. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commissioner Kenneth Krug (Finance & Revenue), P.O. Box 30, Horton, Kans. 66439. Home Phone: 785-486-2681. E-Mail: email@example.com.
- Commissioner Jeremy Forkenbrock (Police), P.O. Box 30, Horton, Kans. 66439. Home Phone: 785-486-3197. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commissioner Wade Edwards (Streets & Public Utilities), P.O. Box 30, Horton, Kans. 66439. Home Phone: 785-486-0181. E-Mail: email@example.com
- Commissioner Steve Davies (Parks & Recreation), P.O. Box 30, Horton, Kans. 66439. Home Phone: 785-486-2255
There you go. I spent my middle school and high school years in a house across the back alley from that building... that was where my dad worked those years... and I'm currently sitting 3 blocks south.
courtesy of BoneKrusher
"Baseball? It's just a game. As simple as a ball and bat, yet as complex as the American spirit it symbolizes. It's a sport, a business and sometimes a religion."