Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy
So we have a working definition of propaganda.
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument.
Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented.
So, again, to make this a set of workable factors, in order to be propaganda:
1. Must be a form of communication
2. aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause/position
3. by presenting only one side of an argument,
4. presenting facts selectively, and/or
5. using loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to presented information.
There it is. That's the official Direckshun/mcchiefsfan conditions for propaganda.
Tell me, do these following screencaps, taken from Drudge right now
, seem to present only one side of the argument, use dubious sources to make their one-sided argument?
And tell me, do these selected photos for several of the headlines suggest an emotional response?
The Drudge Report is Republican propaganda.
Screw your head back on.