Two theories I have to get off my chest before I forget.
1. It was mentioned the Brody and Wallace might have been in Country and already CIA. And the previews for next week mentioned 'so it was all about Issa.' Possible that Brody didn't so much get captured, bond with Issa then see him die, as he went DEEP DEEP cover, and ate 8 years of a bathtub of shit, to gather intel on Nazzer, only to have it misinterpreted by the US to kill kids instead of the original target all along.
2. Is it not remotely possible that Brody wasn't aware of the possibility that Nazzer would render Brody and the SuitMan pink mist the instant they showed up at that safe house. Having an inside man so high up in government was fortunate for Nazzer, but it was a dangerous accident to have someone too inside, and the original plan was for him to die taking out all those folks.
- I need Malcolm. You're too Martin. Know what they did to him, they killed him. . .
- Didn't they kill Malcolm too?
- No, no, no, they say that. But ain't nobody seen the body since the funeral.
- That's how funerals work.