So just trying to explore the device and get used to Win. 8, these are more first observations.
• The external keyboard is nice. It’s touch, but will take a little while to get used to, but I really like it. Way better than anything I have used for the iPad. With this in mind, the way it physically connects is via magnet like the power adapter, and unless you get it exactly right, no external keyboard for you.
• The Win.8 interface is different. Im not sure I like it, but then it’s always hard to get used to something new.
• Much like the iOS, instant on is pretty slick. Apps just pop up and away you go.
• Yes there is an app store, yes it has popular apps, no you won’t be left out in the cold. More apps will obviously be coming in the immediate and long term future.
• OMG, Office 2013 comes with. You mean I can use this as a production device and not just a consumption device right out of the gate. /mindblown
• Forced to use Bing, which I hate. But hopefully that will change soon.
• Can access your Homegroup if you’re already a Win. 7 user. Mega bonus right there.
• Has a full Computer Management section just like all other versions of Windows.
I will be using this as my home mobile device for a while just to see how it works compared to an iPad. So far, I’m skeptically impressed. I like the way they are going with it, I just hope MS doesn’t leave it in the dust like they do so many other things.