Hey, look. Time for a Benghazi update.
1) The embassy in Benghazi was attacked in what now appears to be an operation by a terrorist organization. This was announced at the time by the POTUS and Secretary of State as a general protest gone wrong, but there is reason to believe that they had the correct information at the time.
2) The CIA sent field operatives to thwart the operation but they were poorly prepared, poorly manned and poorly equipped to deal with it.
3) Military assets were available in the area but were not used. The Secretary of Defense stated that his senior man in the area strongly believed that intervention by the military would not be prudent. Contrarily, his senior man said that he didn't use those assets because he was not ordered to.
4) So far the senior Navy officer in the area was removed from his command and brought back to the US pending an investigation into "inappropriate judgement." The senior man in the area that the SecDef referred to suddenly announced his retirement within a month of the attack. The director of the CIA just stepped down citing an extramarital affair, and as of 11/09/12 will no longer testify at the investigation next week. As of 11/14/12 NBC has reported that Petraeus will testify.
5) Petraeus has testified that the CIA's official stance was that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack.
Sure. It must all be a coincidence.
"Knowing there is a world that will outlive you, there are people whose well-being depends on how you live your life, affects the way you live your life, whether or not you directly experience those effects.
You want to be the kind of person who has the larger view, who takes other people’s interests into account, who’s dedicated to the principles that you can justify; like justice, knowledge, truth, beauty and morality.
Last edited by listopencil; 11-16-2012 at 11:01 AM..