Originally Posted by BigRedChief
You know its coming. As soon as the fiscal cliff is finished, illegal immigration is next.
Sen. Graham and Sen. Shumar have already resumed their illegal immigration talks from two years ago. Both were on the sunday shows talking about the plan. Both are seeing a possible huge bi-partisan deal is now possible based on their earlier work form two years ago.
Main points of the deal:
- Lock down the border. Spend whatever money and political will to truly stop the flow of people over our borders.
- A nationwide verification of employment. The idea is to come up with some kind of non forgeable document. A E-Verify for immigrants.
- Increase legal immigration, especially for scientists, engineers and other fields that benefit America or workers are in short supply, i.e. workers who pick our produce in the fields.
- Stiff and severe penalties for businesses that hire illegals after the "E-Verify type" system is in place.
- The Dream act is part of the total package.
- Every illegal in the country is possible allowed to stay legally in the country. The conditions are:
- They must enter into that "E-Verify type" system.
- They are allowed to apply for citizenship but they go to the back of the line of people that already have green cards or have already applied for citizenship.
- They must pay a fine for entering the country illegally.
- They are allowed to stay as long until their citizenship paperwork is finalized, as long as they commit no crimes and pay all taxes that everyone else pays. Failure to so that = immediate deportation.
- What crime is deportable is TBD.
- Size of the fine is TBD.
Point #4 is a huge problem. What it basically says is anyone can come into the country illegally, then admit they did, apply for citizenship and stay as long as they want. Plus we have seen time and time again that "crimes" do not get people deported.
"Finally, anyone who uses the terms, irregardless, a whole nother, or all of a sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp."