Originally Posted by Sorter
I would add this:
1. Obtain Romo if available as stop-gap (his movements within the pocket would be great for Geno to learn from)
2. Obtain a pass rusher at the 3-tech and another pass rushing OLB via draft
3. Get corner and ILB via FA or the draft
4. Start Breaston at the #2 WR spot and draft a potential upgrade.
5. Obtain another viable nickel/slot corner via draft/FA as well as safety.
I probably should have left off #6. That's when we start tinkering around with draft picks, which isn't really the point of the checklist. I mean, once Geno gets drafted, the preparation is over, and all those guys/acquisitions are likely going to come through the draft AFTER the Geno pick.
I like all those ideas, though. Once Draft Planet gets going, they can form a separate list, one that will have the input of several different minds