Originally Posted by Saul Too
1. The Big 12 is ****ed if Texas leaves.
2. If Texas wants to leave, they will leave (even if they have to wait a few years).
3. The rest of the Big 12 would be stupid not to take a $100 million buyout and dash off to a new conference now rather than hold onto the rights to Longhorns games. After all, if Texas leaves, there isn't going to BE a Big 12 in 2025.
2. They clearly don't want to leave, nor is it logical to presume they would. No one wants to take on TTech and Okie State, and with TLN, they cant make more money anywhere else.
3. You need to come up with a scenario where 6 schools want to leave and have somewhere to go. Some people are saying a 75% vote is needed which would mean 8 schools, but even if we presume a simple majority, I don't see how you even get to 6.