Originally Posted by Lou_Zare
look, I have no idea what you think you are illuminating with this. My points are simple; kraft is a self made man and so is JJ whereas Clarky boy is not.
As for kraft and drafts etc, he had parcells in there during the nineties and a GM that was a bit stubborn, hence the famous parcells quote "if you want me to cook the meal, you ought to let me pick the groceries" and parcells left that team flush with talent. he made another key hire in BB and we all know what happened there.
Just FYI, here's some highlights of Robert Kraft's resume pre Tom Brady:
1) Takes over the Patriots during Parcells' tenure.
2) Parcells took the Pats from the #1 pick to a Super Bowl appearance. Kraft runs him off.
3) Parcells' impending departure becomes a major distraction during that Super Bowl. The Pats lose.
4) Parcells not only leaves, he goes to a division rival.
5) The Pats start getting worse every year after Parcells' departure.
6) Doesn't pay future HOFer Curtis Martin, allows him to go to a division rival in his prime.
7) Flirts with moving the Pats to the thriving NFL hotbed of Connecticut.
8) Trades a first-round pick to a division rival.
9) Trades that pick for Belichick, a move about as popular back then as someone trading a first-round pick for Norv Turner would be today.
10) Team wins 5 games, putting them back in the same basement they were in before Kraft took over.
Now I'm not for sure, but up until the Patriots lucked into the best draft pick in NFL history, I don't think too many of their fans were pumping their fists about ol' self made Robert Kraft and his grand football IQ.