Thread: Media Fox News is corrupt.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #74
GoChargers GoChargers is offline
Vincent Who?
 
GoChargers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Casino cash: $6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaid View Post
The one we're living in unless you want to get into semantics and say it's a republic, etc.
It's not just semantics, there's a pretty major functional difference between the democracy people want us to have and the republic we used to have.

A republic, if executed correctly, caters to the interests of both the majority and the minority. It should be a fair system of compromise where everyone feels like their voices can be heard.

In a democracy, 51% of Americans can hold all the power over the remaining 49%. That's not always a good thing, and frankly, considering how dumbed-down and blindly partisan our electorate has become (the mainstream media deserves a LOT of blame here), it's pretty consistently awful.

By chasing a majority-rules democracy, we ironically undermine the American dream of liberty and justice for all. Now it's all about extortion and validation for the 51%.

But I digress.
__________________


Posts: 2,144
GoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoChargers 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote