Originally Posted by |Zach|
My worry is sort of the same but sort of different in that I am concerned that Clark Hunt is unable to create a culture of winning with his organization. There is only one common denominator with all of this losing we have done and it is the Hunt family.
I think Clark means well...I think he wants to be a winner in this league and not just create a decent business and make money but I don't think he knows how to build that culture in his operation. The way businesses operate starts at the top. I am worried about that.
Yep and I am glad others are seeing the same thing that I have been bitching on here for the last 2 years.
Hands off owners like Clark are still responsible for the big decisions so let's look at some of those decisions...
1. Right after the 2008 season he stated he wanted to draft a franchise QB.
2. After he hired Pioli he told him he wanted to keep Herm or at least have Pioli give him a fair shake. They strung Herm along for 7-10 days until they fired him.
3.Then he told Pioli he wanted to keep Chan Gailey on the staff.
4. He then signed off on the Cassel trade and gives him a big fat contract even though just weeks earlier said he wanted to draft a franchise QB
5. Fast forward to last year he signs off on firing Haley during the season.
6. He then signs off on hiring Romeo…another horrible decision
7. After supposedly attending every Chief game and watching Matt Cassel ****ing stink up the joint he signs off on Cassel coming back and being the starter this year instead of drafting a new QB.
I give Clark credit for hiring the biggest name after he let Carl go but there is no excuse for signing off on Romeo or not drafting a QB. None.
Also let’s not forget about all the shitty things that happened off the field with this organization from lawsuits, to not paying people, screwing their workers and parking staff, and the way they treat former players. This isn’t all Pioli’s doing Clark knows what is going on and lets it happen.
Last thing and I will see if I can dig up the quote from Lamar but I believe he stated at one time Clark was running the team since 2004, which was when he was named Chairman of the Board. So yes Clark was responsible for hiring Herm as well and this is his 4th bad hire