Originally Posted by SNR
1. It involves the Christmasy theme of a family man who has lost a lot (namely the relationship with his wife) going on an extraordinary journey/adventure/trial to win her back. All during Christmas.
2. Along the way he encounters evil people that he may not know to be evil at first (like when Hans pretends to be a hostage) but then realizes what he has gotten into.
3. He receives small amounts of help (mostly encouragement and confidence) from his little helpers- Carl Winslow and the limo driver
4. It's got all kinds of Christmas music in the film
1. That's not a Christmasy theme. A Chistmasy theme would be McClane magically impregnating some chick who gives birth to his son who is then killed by Hans.
2. I don't remember that from the story of Xmas.
3. Don't recall helpers either. They were turned away and had to stay in a barn.
4. There was no Xmas music in the Bible.