12-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $30422
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea
Gun Haters Speak Out
Liberty Tree Quotes
Both links have the Janet Reno quote with the first dating it as December 1993
Oh...and there are more juicy ones in the first link:
"The most effective means of fighting crime in the United States is to outlaw the possession of any type of firearm by the civilian populace." - Janet Reno, addressing a 1991 B'nai B'rith gathering in Ft. Lauderdale
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993"Banning guns is an idea whose time has come."
- Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del/ Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee"If I could have gotten another 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up everyone of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in, I would have done that. But I could not do that; the votes were not there."
Senator Dianne Feinstein, February 5, 1995, CBS's 60 Minutes"Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of Americans to feel safe."
- U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, quoted by the Associated Press, November 18, 1993"I believe all handguns should be abolished"
- Senator John Chafee in The Associated Press, January 9, 1997"We're going to hammer guns on the anvil of relentless legislative strategy! We're going to beat guns into submission!"
- Rep. Charles Schumer, Press Conference, December 8, 1993"We're here to tell the NRA their nightmare is true..."
- U.S. Representative Charles Schumer, quoted on NBC, November 30, 1993
Even Nixon. For shame. Then again, he was one of our most socialist Republican presidents.
No wonder the left is in glee over this recent shooting. Shame on those opportunists of tragedy!
All of those quotes are horrible but that one from Clinton made my skin crawl.
Oh, thou clear spirit, of thy fire thou madest me, and like a true child of fire, I breathe it back to thee.