Originally Posted by BucEyedPea
Defenseless my arse:
• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
• A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
• A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
• A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
• A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
• A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
• At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.
So the question is how come none of us ever heard about these stories?
Oh that's right....the media wants to cover the mass shootings so the public lives in fear.
The fact is....you're more likely to get killed by a deer jumping out in front of you while you're driving at night than you are to get killed from a gunshot. But the media, hollywood etc, want you to think guns are scary and only bad guys use them to cause harm because that's what they're used for.