Originally Posted by Hugh Janus
Armed guards or an armed school police force will not prevent school shootings without additional gun regulation.
1) So-called "assault weapons", which are just rifles with dumb useless features tacked onto them to make them look scary, are not deadlier than handguns at close range. In fact, they are arguably less deadly, especially compared to .45 handguns.
2) We will never (at least not for the next 100 years) ban .45 handguns
3) We will never (at least not for the next 100 years), ban semiautomatics and force people to switch to revolvers.
4) We will never, ever for any forseeable period in the future at all, try to confiscate the current 300MM guns in the USA.
5) Reducing magazine sizes to a level the people would tolerate (maybe 15) will not significantly reduce gun violence.
6) Other ideas which may have some merit and which we may want to implement anyway, like tighter requirements to get a gun, lock a gun up, etc, will not significantly reduce gun violence.
Those are all pretty much given facts.