Originally Posted by BigRedChief
- Forbid the mentally ill to own guns of any kind.
- Forbid those who have been found guilty of violence against fellow citizens from owning guns.
- Make illegal the purchase and ownership of armor piercing bullets.
This is a lot more complicated than a simple "Yes"
- Make illegal any ammunition clips greater than 10 rounds. (Exception could be in place for gun ranges)
Yes/No see below
- Make laws that punish gun owners if their own registered guns are used to commit crimes.
Only if gun owner doesn't report theft to authorities
- Closing the gun show loophole.
I am OK with 90% of what you want. The armor piercing bullets are a tough one. Many bullets penetrate strictly because of velocity.
How would you control magazine capacity? If they are going to be at the range, you can bet your ass they will end up in criminal hands.
The only idea I can think of is treat +10 mags similar to a Class 3 weapon, only without the tax. Everyone that owns high-cap mags can register them, but if you get caught without registering them you get treated like a illegal hunter. The authorities can take everything you have on you and in your vehicle, and you expose yourself to an ATF search at your home/business. The registration is held locally (county), not federally. Oh, you CAN NOT sell your existing high-cap mags.
All of this is only good for 5 years, and after that time it will need to be put up for renewal.
Now, with that said, nothing of what is proposed will stop was happened the last few months. It will simply hinder the law-abiding gun owners.
But, to help gun haters "feel" better, I am willing to compromise what I listed.