Originally Posted by Jayhawkerman2001
Has anybody had a somewhat young dog (6 years) die within 10 hours of being completely healthy? got up this morning and let him out and he was chipper as always, came in and peed right on the carpet and i let him out again because he had never done that before. This time he just went outside and laid down, which he never does either, he's always running around as happy as can be. Next I know he's throwing up ever hour or so and became very lethargic. all this started at about 10 this morning, started throwing up and became lethargic at noonish, tried getting him to drink, which he did until about 3 when no matter what he put in his stomach it came right back up, went downstairs at about 5 and noticed he hadnt moved from the same spot for over an hour and ran upstairs debating if i needed to take him to a 24 hour emergency vet and my girlfriend came over and we were sitting with him and his breathing became rather labored so I said im getting the car, we're going right now! And as soon as I got the car started up my girlfriend ran out screaming that I had to come in right now!! So I ran in and watched my best friend take the last few gasps of his wonderful life...
does anybody have any ideas what the **** could have happened? i mean symptoms start between 10-12 and dog dies at 6:40... How is that possible? Ive looked everywhere for anything poisonous that he could have gotten in to but found nothing. Anything to bring peace back to thew house, any vets on here?
Very sorry to hear. Dogs are great. Had to have been something he ate. A lot of people foods can be really poisonous. Dark chocolate, grapes, turkey