Originally Posted by Dave Lane
These are so demonstrably stupid it could take an entire day to respond to adequately. So I will make no attempt to. Instead I shall take a few minutes whilst I wait for some astro images to download to briefly reply.
1) So its beautiful to believe in things for which there is no proof. Well I believe in pink pixies that live in my dirty clothes hamper. That is beautiful.
2) So why does god always meet with his "prophets" on mountaintops? Why do they get inside info directly from the big guy (and always in private) and I don't even get a freaking text?
3) So Hitlers actions are god. Nice to know. Also why did it take "god" 40 years to get Moses through the Sinai peninsula? I could walk it in a week tops. Even with a bum knee. If "god" wanted to wipe out all life but noah and his family (and assorted bugs and such on the boat) why didn't he just do it?
Why the whole stupid flood? Seems like unnecessary suffering for animals and innocents when he could have just snapped his fingers and made it so. (and saved 39.9 days in the process)
4)The morality of the bible is horrific. Slaves, beatings, stonings, animal and human sacrifice, genocide, tearing families apart, murder of innocents are just a few you choose to "overlook".
5) EVERY religion makes the same claim to be in touch with "god". the reason? Because there is no god, its your inner mind, you are answering yourself as god. Indians used peyote and fasting, some religions pray, some chant but ALL of them report the exact same "experience".
6) No you are in charge of your own life and affairs. Stop giving credit to god and take it yourself. You are the one to succeed or fail, give yourself praise or admonishment.
Can't believe I wasted my time with that.
2 Thessalonians 2:10-13
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. ...
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson