No particular order:
* "Saving Private Ryan" Normandy Beach landing
* "The Godfather" the baptism/ all accounts settled scene
* "The Quiet Man" the brawl at the end of the film
* "True Grit (original John Wayne version)" last gun fight scene
* "The Deer Hunter" Russian Roulette scene
Honorable mention for "Road To Perdition" and the Church basement scene.
Any and all of these are subject to change as others come to mind.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, and disregard of all the rules."
-- George Orwell, Shooting an Elephant