Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
Here's the evidence and why it's impossible he was catfished.
1) Te'o stated he met her in person.
2) The alleged photos of the fake dead gf were actually of a classmate of Teo'o's friend, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo
3) It's goddamn 2013 and there's no way on God's green earth a long distance relationship between 2 college students wouldn't be conducted over Skype/Facetime/etc.*
If he met her in person, then he would have gotten her name, correct FB account, and so forth, making fraudulent representation impossible.
If he lied about #1, we're supposed to believe he continued to date someone who refused to verify their identify, hotness, etc. He'd have to be Simple Jack to put up with that treatment when live hot coeds were available in South Bend.
*You might think this is opinion rather than fact. However, with the benefit of discovery and cross-examination, it would be uncovered that Te'o used that technology to talk to his family back in Hawaii. Why would he not extend the same to his allegedly hot, smart gf.
1. So? A lot of people lie about online relationships. It doesn't prove he was in on it.
2. A classmate that wasn't a classmate of Te'o, so it doesn't prove anything.
3. He said that when he asked her to Skype she always made excuses.
You evidence is not proof of anything. It is just your interpretation - in other words OPINION. Which is all any of us have right now.