Originally Posted by RyFo18
Because Free Agency is before the draft?
Are the Chiefs going to be the first team in history to keep their #1 pick a secret?
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief
As I already said...
1. There's probably more to it than Smith just not wanting to be a backup. SF experience was embarrassing.
2. He could be a bridge-type one-year starter in KC.
3. The market for starting QB's in terms of FA's isn't that strong.
1. Reid's offense could be a nice fit for Smith.
2. Chiefs have the money and cap space to do it.
If you honestly think Alex Smith wants to go from a backup QB collecting Super Bowl rings, to a backup in Kansas City, I offer you this ketchup popsicle and pair of white gloves.