Originally Posted by keg in kc
I used to think all of CBS's shows sucked, too. Then I started watching NCIS reruns last year on USA, was able to see the series in its entirety from the start, and was surprised to discover it was actually a good show. Now I watch that and Vegas on Tuesday, and Person of Interest and Elementary on Thursday. Their comedies all suck balls though. Lowest common denominator laugh track garbage. Thank god Community is back Thursday so I have something funny to watch.
NCIS is dumb as shit, but it's a fun show with a great cast. When I watch it, I just try to forget a few things, like
1. I've worked with actual NIS agents, and they're about as exciting as undertakers.
2. None of them looked like Ziva. Or even Abby. Although I do remember one guy who sort of reminded me of McGee.
3. Anyone not in the Navy who was informed an agent is with NCIS would respond with "what the hell is NCIS?"
4. Norfolk is 150 miles from Washington DC, and cannot be reached from Washington in the few minutes implied in the show.
5. The Norfolk Naval Base, as the largest naval installation in the world, has lots of its own NCIS agents, and would not need to call in Gibbs and his crew from DC every time somebody got whacked.
I also like Vegas.