A press conference just wrapped up in California where the Democrats (who have an overwhelming majority in the state) unveiled their latest gun control agenda. And since the Democratic majority is so strong, these aren’t proposals — it’s a preview of things to come. According to one person who was watching the press conference, the following new restrictions on personal liberties will be coming to the most “liberal” state in the union . . .
Thanks to Reddit
- Possession of hollow point bullets and similar assault bullets a felony.
- Must register and report ammo purchases. Only purchase max 500 rounds.
- 10 round magazine limit
- ALL magazines must be fixed to the gun (can not be removed without the use of a tool)
- 100% prohibition of all magazines greater than 10 rounds. All previous grandfathered magazines become illegal. Felony if you keep one.
- Changing definition of shotgun revolving cylinder — Basically only single shot shotguns will remain legal.
- Bullet Buttons will become illegal — All AR and AK style rifles that are currently equipped with them will be designated Assault Weapons. Felony to possess.
- All gun owners now must be licensed like drivers.
- All gun owners must carry gun liability insurance
This is the first time we’ve seen a state try to enact this kind of ammunition posession legislation. Maryland is trying to set up a minimum age for ANYONE to purchase ammo, but California is going leaps and bounds beyond that. From Yahoo! news:
Like New York, California also would require background checks for buying ammunition and would add to the list of prohibited weapons.
Those buying ammunition would have to pay a fee and undergo an initial background check by the state Department of Justice, similar to what is required now before buyers can purchase a weapon. Subsequent background checks would be done instantly by an ammunition seller checking the Justice Department’s records.