Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN
Ummm.. ya there is a big difference between ingesting it and using it on your teeth and spitting it out. It's really quite toxic but thanks for playing cosmo. What is the main ingredient in rat poison?
Saying that it is "really quite toxic" is REALLY misleading. There are lots of things that are toxic in high doses that cause no threat (or are even quite necessary for good health) in lower quantities. Pure water (with no flouride) can kill you if you drink enough of it.
The main ingredient in rat poison? Not flouride. If rats were killed that easily by tiny amounts of flouride, we'd eradicate them by having them drink our water.
Dark chocolate is toxic to dogs. So are grapes. Yet we can eat them!