Things to consider:
1) Your prof pic isn't "sexy" enough, or you're of average looks... Aka the 80% that women say they don't find attractive.
2) You're too short. Feeding off the above, women apparently think anything under 6'2 is too short for them when it comes to ones on online dating.
3) depending where you are, you're competing with around a dozen dudes, most of which are knuckledraggers sending out "hurr hurr letz ****" messages or ones actually sending "thoughtful" messages in hopes of response. In short, sometimes you get washed out by sheer volume.
4) Run away. While there's still time, before a psycho finds you.
- credit goes to BoneKrusher for the pic
: (in-ˈsep-shən)--n. the act of convincing a female (usually out of one’s league) to have sex with you by making the female think it is her own idea.