Originally Posted by BigRedChief
I'm going to keep this in my clipboard so every time you bring up that Republicans are the sensible ones ready to negotiate.
uh facts are getting in the way of your argument points. It was the Republicans that never negotiated in good faith. The re-election of Obama means to me that Obama wasn't the obstructionist. Or why did they re-elect him?
- The historical obstructionism of the opposing party was unprecedented.
- More filibusters than ever was even dreamed of by the opposing party. Obama had to have 60 votes to pass anything.
- It started from day one. The Senate majority leader publicly declared that the #1 goal was to make Obama a one term president.
- On inauguration night top Republicans got together in a steakhouse and conspired to obstruct every single issue or proposal that Obama wanted. And then over the 4 years they carried out that plan.
- He proposed legislation in the exact same form as previous Republican legislators had proposed. Same exact proposal as the Republican. But now they not only opposed their own ideas and proposals but filibuster the proposal.
Harry Reid? Good for him!
"[The democrat party] has become a left wing party, that's anti-American, and thatís racist." - David Horowitz