Originally Posted by BossChief
My order of preference at the time being.
1) Geno Smith - all the tools
2) Matt Barkley - everybody would have been happy if we drafted him last year and he is the same guy.
3) Trade down - if we arent gonna take a qb, there is nobody we can't get the equivalent to an hour later.
4) Dion Jordan - if we can't trade down and are dead set on passing on qbs, the only pick is the best pass rusher in the draft.
5) Tavon Austin - guys that are a threat to score on every play can't get overdrafted. Especially when our qb is limited to shorter passes that the receivers need to make plays after they catch the ball.
6) Ezekial Ansah - not sold on him as a pass rusher at the next level, but the tools are there.
7) Eric Fisher (while keeping Albert to set ulus up with elite bookends.) if they are dead set on taking an OT, Fisher has to be the pick because he can play right tackle.
8) Luke Joeckel - this is an absolute last resort IMO. The guy got beat across his face against good teams (Florida and Alabama) and this option likely means Albert is on his way out.
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini
Why isn't Patterson included in this? I think he would make a nice #2
Im not a fan of his. I was surprised he ran such a fast time at the scouting combine because from watching him play, he didn't seem that fast.