Originally Posted by Aries Walker
So, I've been reading. Here's what I've got:
1. (explosions, gunfire.)
2. CIA: "Hey everyone, tell them it was terrorists."
3. State Dept: "Hmm, no, let's not say 'terrorists'."
4. Administration: "Okay."
5. David Petraeus: "I don't like what you're telling us to say."
6. Susan Rice (on TV): "It wasn't terrorists."
7. (turns out it was terrorists.)
8. Jay Carney (to everyone): "The State Dept. never said 'let's not say terrorists'."
9. Emails: "Yes, they totally did."
10. Lots of people: "Busted!"
Am I about right?
I am still trying to figure out why it matters if it was terrorists or not. The end result was the same whether it was or wasn't.