Originally Posted by Direckshun
When it rains, it pours.
Three different companies are interviewing me right now for open positions. I will call them Jobs A, B, and C, ordered by how much I want to work for them. Due to the sensitivity of the matter, and some personal circumstances, I don't really have a lot of people I can talk to about this but it's all up inside me right now so I'm just going to unload here.
Job A is a job I've been pursuing for quite some time, B and C have kind of fallen into my lap but each present solid opportunities in their own right. I'd take any of the three if offered, but I do have a distinct ordering of which one I'd take over which.
What they've done, however, is making working at Job D very difficult right now, as they're all calling to schedule interviews, conducting interviews with me, and then rescheduling follow up interviews.
About three weeks ago, Job C interviewed me for about 20 minutes through an intermediary. They said they'd stay in touch.
Last week, Job A interviewed me by phone for about half an hour. They contacted me a day later asking if I'd schedule a 2nd.
The 2nd was yesterday. Job A interviewed me again for a whole hour, at 8:30am, by webcam. Job B interviewed me, over the phone, at 2:00pm.
Job C reached out to me at noon yesterday to schedule an in-person interview for today. Job A also reached back to me yesterday by 2:30 to set up a 3rd interview (awesome). Job B reached back to me a little later to set up a 2nd interview for today as well.
This was all while I was trying to handle my shit at Job D. So I called in to Job D today, told them I was battling with exhaustion and that I'm not working today.
This allowed me to attend two interviews. Job C interviewed me at 8:00am for about 45 minutes in front of a ****ing panel of three people. God. Job B interviewed me just now, at 11:00am, for an hour in-person. My 3rd interview with Job A is being scheduled as we speak.
I've got a 99% chance at Job C, an 80% chance at Job B (which could get complicated as it asks for 25-50% travel, which my lady might scoff at), and a 75% chance at Job A.
I was just contacted today by Job C, telling me that there would be a 3rd interview on the horizon, and I am still waiting to hear back on my interview time for Job A. Meanwhile, a friend I have at Job B told me it's down to me and one other person, so I would suspect a 3rd interview with Job B is on the horizon there, as well.
Thank the lord I called in to Job D today. I am exhausted.
It's a good problem to have, but it is exhausting.