Originally Posted by Groves
If you want someone to install your water softener, you're one of these people.
1. Lots of money, don't want to mess with it.
2. No skill. The whole concept scares you.
3. Can read and follow directions, new skills don't bother you.
People 1 and 2 can easily get these people to install inexpensive units
• Probably Home Depot and Lowes have contractors available
• Plumbers (not Jake)
and with a serious leap upwards in price, these companies will install the units they sell.
• Culligan, EcoWater, Water Softener Companies
People in the 3rd camp can get the advice from plumbers or plumbing forums. If your house already has hookups, you're set. If not, you're still not far from set.
I have never been comfortable with plumbing work. I have a friend that used to work in his fathers plumbing business that I trade computers services for. I'll probably go that route if and when I finally get a unit.
When I say plumbing, I mean tearing into the pipes. I can install faucets and toilets just fine though.