Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 PM   Topic Starter
teedubya teedubya is offline
Waiting Until Next Year!
 
teedubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Casino cash: $12968
**** Monsanto and the GMO Industry.

After a nearly 10 month hiatus from CP... I present you with my latest tinfoil-conspiracy-kook bitch session.

---
A recent peer-reviewed study on the effects of routine exposure to "safe" levels of Monsanto's GM corn and the chemical herbicide Roundup have revealed that the two toxins are directly linked to causing cancerous tumors. Since this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, it is noted that nearly every female rat in the study also developed mammary cancer.

This study, which was published in the highly-reputable journal Food and Chemical Toxicology, showed how rats fed a diet containing Monsanto's NK603 Roundup-resistant GM corn, which is widely cultivated in the U.S. today, died much earlier than GM-free control rats. Even rats fed just GM corn that had not been treated with Roundup ended up developing multiple ghastly tumors, indicating that some component of GM corn itself, apart from Roundup, is responsible for causing cancer.

It's fundamentally challenging for "Real" science in a world increasingly dominated by corporate influence.



http://research.sustainablefoodtrust.org/

Russia nows bans GMO corn. And in America, we can't even LABEL the GMO foods.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-...ds-on-monsanto
Posts: 8,425
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
petegz28 petegz28 is online now
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $17510
Quote:
Originally Posted by teedubya View Post
After a nearly 10 month hiatus from CP... I present you with my latest tinfoil-conspiracy-kook bitch session.

---
A recent peer-reviewed study on the effects of routine exposure to "safe" levels of Monsanto's GM corn and the chemical herbicide Roundup have revealed that the two toxins are directly linked to causing cancerous tumors. Since this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, it is noted that nearly every female rat in the study also developed mammary cancer.

This study, which was published in the highly-reputable journal Food and Chemical Toxicology, showed how rats fed a diet containing Monsanto's NK603 Roundup-resistant GM corn, which is widely cultivated in the U.S. today, died much earlier than GM-free control rats. Even rats fed just GM corn that had not been treated with Roundup ended up developing multiple ghastly tumors, indicating that some component of GM corn itself, apart from Roundup, is responsible for causing cancer.

It's fundamentally challenging for "Real" science in a world increasingly dominated by corporate influence.



http://research.sustainablefoodtrust.org/

Russia nows bans GMO corn. And in America, we can't even LABEL the GMO foods.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-...ds-on-monsanto
It's ironic we have to put the igredients and such on all of our food lables but we can't label GMO.
__________________
Posts: 67,532
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
teedubya teedubya is offline
Waiting Until Next Year!
 
teedubya's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Casino cash: $12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
It's ironic we have to put the igredients and such on all of our food lables but we can't label GMO.

It's not that ironic. Not when this shit happens.

Obama Puts Monsanto Lobbyist In Charge Of Food Safety
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210835
Posts: 8,425
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
displacedinMN displacedinMN is online now
Veteran
 
displacedinMN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Correcting papers
Casino cash: $9860
Roundup will not be used forever.

Already on its way out for some.
__________________
Posts: 2,245
displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.displacedinMN 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
BIG_DADDY BIG_DADDY is offline
THE RED MENACE
 
BIG_DADDY's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: San Mateo, CA 94401
Casino cash: $7011
People don't give a rats ass about this. Here at CP you are a paranoid hippie if you don't take in your toxins like a man.
__________________
Posts: 29,820
BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $13487
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
People don't give a rats ass about this. Here at CP you are a paranoid hippie if you don't take in your toxins like a man.
Some actual solid scientific studies could go a long way in getting people to accept some truth. Here's an idea, control the experiment group significantly better and some of these confounding variables will go away.
Posts: 30,554
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
qabbaan qabbaan is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Since this happened to every rat in this study, it must happen to every human who eats corn right?
Posts: 2,973
qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
BIG_DADDY BIG_DADDY is offline
THE RED MENACE
 
BIG_DADDY's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: San Mateo, CA 94401
Casino cash: $7011
Quote:
Originally Posted by qabbaan View Post
Since this happened to every rat in this study, it must happen to every human who eats corn right?
Just eat your GMO foods and already.
__________________
Posts: 29,820
BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $10068
GM foods are perfectly fine. Including herbicide into GM foods is not fine at all. It's sad that so many people can't make the distinction, and blur the issue with stuff like this.

GM foods have actually saved millions of lives in the grand scheme of things. But "GM foods" or "GM Corn" covers a huge diversity of products some good some bad, which is never pointed out by these "Studies". "GM Foods" does not mean radioactive mutation type of things like many people think, and many articles would lead you to believe.

Monsanto is certainly an evil corporation for many corporation reasons, but the overwhelming majority of the GM foods they provide are perfectly safe for human consumption.

Herbicide modified corn is very likely bad. But that's not an accurate representation of GM Foods or the GM Industry. Currently just about every single local supermarket uses perfectly safe GM Foods. Including such particulars as Whole Foods..

Don't hate the overwhelmingly positive value of GM Foods as a whole because of an individual shitty strain. Hate Monsanto, but don't hate GM Foods.
__________________
Posts: 26,124
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $7439
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Fish View Post
GM foods are perfectly fine. Including herbicide into GM foods is not fine at all. It's sad that so many people can't make the distinction, and blur the issue with stuff like this.

GM foods have actually saved millions of lives in the grand scheme of things. But "GM foods" or "GM Corn" covers a huge diversity of products some good some bad, which is never pointed out by these "Studies". "GM Foods" does not mean radioactive mutation type of things like many people think, and many articles would lead you to believe.

Monsanto is certainly an evil corporation for many corporation reasons, but the overwhelming majority of the GM foods they provide are perfectly safe for human consumption.

Herbicide modified corn is very likely bad. But that's not an accurate representation of GM Foods or the GM Industry. Currently just about every single local supermarket uses perfectly safe GM Foods. Including such particulars as Whole Foods..

Don't hate the overwhelmingly positive value of GM Foods as a whole because of an individual shitty strain. Hate Monsanto, but don't hate GM Foods.
All we ask is for it to be labeled, then those that don't mind eating something not naturally found can have at it and those that don't won't.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,396
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #11
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $10068
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
All we ask is for it to be labeled, then those that don't mind eating something not naturally found can have at it and those that don't won't.
Well it's interesting that you say that. Because Monsanto GM Foods go through the most labelization and federal regulation of any foods available. Ironically, they go through much more labeling and regulation than "Organic" labeled food by far.

And the truth of the matter, you have no ****ing clue what you're eating. Or where it's been, or what it's been sprayed with or touched by. You rely 100% on a federal regulation system that you know absolutely nothing about. If you actually knew what had rubbed up against the food you eat, or crawled over, or shit on, you would probably vomit. But the regulation system you criticize prevents you from a large majority of the issues that would normally incur with the involvement of food processing.
__________________
Posts: 26,124
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #12
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $7439
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Fish View Post
Well it's interesting that you say that. Because Monsanto GM Foods go through the most labelization and federal regulation of any foods available. Ironically, they go through much more labeling and regulation than "Organic" labeled food by far.

And the truth of the matter, you have no ****ing clue what you're eating. Or where it's been, or what it's been sprayed with or touched by. You rely 100% on a federal regulation system that you know absolutely nothing about. If you actually knew what had rubbed up against the food you eat, or crawled over, or shit on, you would probably vomit. But the regulation system you criticize prevents you from a large majority of the issues that would normally incur with the involvement of food processing.
I'm not worried about the bugs, etc I want to know what has been Genetically tampered with. Should be fairly simple and then we can let the people cast their votes with their wallets. Those on the side of GMO are mostly wal martians.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,396
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
Ebolapox Ebolapox is offline
remember, remember
 
Ebolapox's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Casino cash: $7934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
I'm not worried about the bugs, etc I want to know what has been Genetically tampered with. Should be fairly simple and then we can let the people cast their votes with their wallets. Those on the side of GMO are mostly wal martians.
do you know what a gene really is? do you know what a promotor is? how about an enhancer? intron? exon? splicing site? adenine? guanine? thymine? purines? pyrimidines? the different types of polymerases?

I'm not trying to be insulting here, but there are certain times that your lack of knowledge of the basic levels of genetics absolutely astounds me. you cry from the rooftops about how they're out to get you, but you don't understand the basic biology of what you're complaining about. I know it's easy to wear a tin-foil hat, but do yourself and all of us a favor and gain a bit of knowledge on the subjects you try to deride--it's AMAZING how, with a bit of knowledge, 99% of the concerns you raise go right away because you aren't ignorant anymore.
Posts: 25,569
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $10068
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
I'm not worried about the bugs, etc I want to know what has been Genetically tampered with. Should be fairly simple and then we can let the people cast their votes with their wallets. Those on the side of GMO are mostly wal martians.
Which shows that you have no idea what is actually harmful to mainstream food.

"Genetic tampering" is exactly the kind of ignorant buzzword term I'm talking about. You have no idea what it means to even cast a knowledgable vote.
__________________
Posts: 26,124
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $13936
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
All we ask is for it to be labeled, then those that don't mind eating something not naturally found can have at it and those that don't won't.
You're one of those big government types wanting to control our freedom!! America love it or leave it and other hillbilly stereotypes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 25,073
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.