Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 07:55 AM   Topic Starter
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $23772
The Conservative Media Is Lying To You

Conor Friedersdorf ****ing nails it. If you bathe in the muck of the vast majority of conservative media -- if you read FoxNews.com more than any other site, if you hail Mark Levin as brilliant, if you live and die by Drudge...

Then you are being lied to.

There are plenty of conservative sources that simply have a conservative view on the world -- the Wall Street Journal, for instance. But that's distinct from the profitable media empire that sells propaganda damn near 24/7.

Example #1, since it comes up so much in this forum: the Drudge Report.

How many times did the Drudge Report link to Nate Silver, who absolutely crushed his election predictions? Zero.
How many times did the Drudge Report link to Dick Morris? A dozen.

And yet you bought it. You might recall sitting there watching the election returns, certain that Romney would win because for months you've been inundated with Republican whores like Morris telling you what you wanted to hear -- "Obama's a paper tiger," "his campaign is getting desperate," "absolutely nobody I know is voting Obama," "I see more Romney yard signs," "look at this outlier poll that favors Romney"...

Then the results come in, largely how the vast majority of polls told us they would.

You were misinformed. Massively. And it's not just limited to election returns. On climate change, tax rates, income inequality, immigration, healthcare, energy, foreign policy (in particular the Middle East), gay rights for the longest time, and of course Obama himself... You are being sold a bullshit platter that leaves you just as misinformed as you were about the prospective election results.

The biggest offender, of course, is Fox News. Not that they're the most egregious violators of conservative propaganda, but they're by far the most pervasive and the most influential.

You trust Fox News because you believe they are simply reporting from a conservative point of view. That's not true. They are actively selling bullshit. This election and Rove's meltdown on the evening of the 6th is proof. This is an organization that is financially and professionally tied to the Republican Party. Fox News' overlords donate heavily to the GOP. Many Republican candidates for the Presidency either end up or originate as Fox News contributors. This is not an independent outlet in any shape or form, it is a direct arm of the Republican Party.

Get out of this bubble. Set Google News as your homepage. And embrace the next four years as an opportunity to find out what you actually believe, rather than simply adopting the narrative of charlatans.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...d-file/264855/

How Conservative Media Lost to the MSM and Failed the Rank and File
Nate Silver was right. His ideological antagonists were wrong. And that's just the beginning of the right's self-created information disadvantage.
By Conor Friedersdorf
Nov 7 2012, 6:30 AM ET

Before rank-and-file conservatives ask, "What went wrong?", they should ask themselves a question every bit as important: "Why were we the last to realize that things were going wrong for us?"

Barack Obama just trounced a Republican opponent for the second time. But unlike four years ago, when most conservatives saw it coming, Tuesday's result was, for them, an unpleasant surprise. So many on the right had predicted a Mitt Romney victory, or even a blowout -- Dick Morris, George Will, and Michael Barone all predicted the GOP would break 300 electoral votes. Joe Scarborough scoffed at the notion that the election was anything other than a toss-up. Peggy Noonan insisted that those predicting an Obama victory were ignoring the world around them. Even Karl Rove, supposed political genius, missed the bulls-eye. These voices drove the coverage on Fox News, talk radio, the Drudge Report, and conservative blogs.

Those audiences were misinformed.

Outside the conservative media, the narrative was completely different. Its driving force was Nate Silver, whose performance forecasting Election '08 gave him credibility as he daily explained why his model showed that President Obama enjoyed a very good chance of being reelected. Other experts echoed his findings. Readers of The New York Times, The Atlantic, and other "mainstream media" sites besides knew the expert predictions, which have been largely born out. The conclusions of experts are not sacrosanct. But Silver's expertise was always a better bet than relying on ideological hacks like Morris or the anecdotal impressions of Noonan.


Sure, Silver could've wound up wrong. But people who rejected the possibility of his being right? They were operating at a self-imposed information disadvantage.

Conservatives should be familiar with its contours. For years, they've been arguing that liberal control of media and academia confers one advantage: Folks on the right can't help but be familiar with the thinking of liberals, whereas leftists can operate entirely within a liberal cocoon. This analysis was offered to explain why liberal ideas were growing weaker and would be defeated.

Today?

It is easy to close oneself off inside a conservative echo chamber. And right-leaning outlets like Fox News and Rush Limbaugh's show are far more intellectually closed than CNN or public radio. If you're a rank-and-file conservative, you're probably ready to acknowledge that ideologically friendly media didn't accurately inform you about Election 2012. Some pundits engaged in wishful thinking; others feigned confidence in hopes that it would be a self-fulfilling prophecy; still others decided it was smart to keep telling right-leaning audiences what they wanted to hear.

But guess what?

You haven't just been misinformed about the horse race. Since the very beginning of the election cycle, conservative media has been failing you. With a few exceptions, they haven't tried to rigorously tell you the truth, or even to bring you intellectually honest opinion. What they've done instead helps to explain why the right failed to triumph in a very winnable election.

Why do you keep putting up with it?

Conservatives were at a disadvantage because Romney supporters like Jennifer Rubin and Hugh Hewitt saw it as their duty to spin constantly for their favored candidate rather than being frank about his strengths and weaknesses. What conservative Washington Post readers got, when they traded in Dave Weigel for Rubin, was a lot more hackery and a lot less informed about the presidential election.

Conservatives were at an information disadvantage because so many right-leaning outlets wasted time on stories the rest of America dismissed as nonsense. WorldNetDaily brought you birtherism. Forbes brought you Kenyan anti-colonialism. National Review obsessed about an imaginary rejection of American exceptionalism, misrepresenting an Obama quote in the process, and Andy McCarthy was interviewed widely about his theory that Obama, aka the Drone Warrior in Chief, allied himself with our Islamist enemies in a "Grand Jihad" against America. Seriously?

Conservatives were at a disadvantage because their information elites pandered in the most cynical, self-defeating ways, treating would-be candidates like Sarah Palin and Herman Cain as if they were plausible presidents rather than national jokes who'd lose worse than George McGovern.

How many months were wasted on them?

How many hours of Glenn Beck conspiracy theories did Fox News broadcast to its viewers? How many hours of transparently mindless Sean Hannity content is still broadcast daily? Why don't Americans trust Republicans on foreign policy as they once did? In part because conservatism hasn't grappled with the foreign-policy failures of George W. Bush. A conspiracy of silence surrounds the subject. Romney could neither run on the man's record nor repudiate it. The most damaging Romney gaffe of the campaign, where he talked about how the 47 percent of Americans who pay no income taxes are a lost cause for Republicans? Either he was unaware that many of those people are Republican voters, or was pandering to GOP donors who are misinformed. Either way, bad information within the conservative movement was to blame.

In conservative fantasy-land, Richard Nixon was a champion of ideological conservatism, tax cuts are the only way to raise revenue, adding neoconservatives to a foreign-policy team reassures American voters, Benghazi was a winning campaign issue, Clint Eastwood's convention speech was a brilliant triumph, and Obama's America is a place where black kids can beat up white kids with impunity. Most conservative pundits know better than this nonsense -- not that they speak up against it. They see criticizing their own side as a sign of disloyalty. I see a coalition that has lost all perspective, partly because there's no cost to broadcasting or publishing inane bullshit. In fact, it's often very profitable. A lot of cynical people have gotten rich broadcasting and publishing red meat for movement conservative consumption.

On the biggest political story of the year, the conservative media just got its ass handed to it by the mainstream media. And movement conservatives, who believe the MSM is more biased and less rigorous than their alternatives, have no way to explain how their trusted outlets got it wrong, while the New York Times got it right. Hint: The Times hired the most rigorous forecaster it could find.

It ought to be an eye-opening moment.

But I expect that it'll be quickly forgotten, that none of the conservatives who touted a polling conspiracy will be discredited, and that the right will continue to operate at an information disadvantage. After all, it's not like they'll trust the analysis of a non-conservative like me more than the numerous fellow conservatives who constantly tell them things that turn out not to be true.
Posts: 46,872
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Ace Gunner Ace Gunner is offline
First Overall
 
Ace Gunner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: kcmo
Casino cash: $5277
garbage. This article attempts to redifine "conservative" in the BS modern sense and it does not give any motive for these so called conservative broadcasters.

Let me interject; "conservative" is a word used to describe folks that uphold the USC and its premise. It has nothing to do with church views, language views, sexuality views or fiscal spending. Not directly, anyway.

Conserving our USC means upholding the right to view life how we choose and to discuss it, among other aspects of freedom. Hence, "freedom of speech".

I agree with the premise of this article, but the use of this word is wrong. It would have simply been more direct to call these folks crooks and point out their slander. Because that is what they are. These folks are trying to take our USC from us. That is their motive.
__________________
The Greatest
Posts: 10,394
Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
Brainiac Brainiac is offline
Veteran
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $10058
Dude,

Your guy won the election.

If you want to be classy about it, you might think about dialing it back a little.
Posts: 4,618
Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.Brainiac is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $23772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Dude,

Your guy won the election.

If you want to be classy about it, you might think about dialing it back a little.
Shrug.

The election didn't happen in a vacuum. It happened because the conservative movement was trying to sell the idea that Obama's the devil reincarnate, has been an abject failure at everything, and has accomplished nothing good in his first four years.

That's not what the rest of the world observed -- they observed the shit sandwich he was given on Day One of his Presidency, and the bumpy ride that progressed as some things Obama achieved made sense, other things struggled and didn't pan out, and still some others we have yet to see results on. That's what the Democrats and liberals were selling, and that's why they won.

This was a direct result of the prominence conservative propaganda has had within the GOP and its supporters. It has given liberals and the Democratic party an information advantage that conservatives have literally given away.
__________________
Posts: 46,872
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bless FSU!
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $22975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Shrug.

The election didn't happen in a vacuum. It happened because the conservative movement was trying to sell the idea that Obama's the devil reincarnate, has been an abject failure at everything, and has accomplished nothing good in his first four years.

That's not what the rest of the world observed -- they observed the shit sandwich he was given on Day One of his Presidency, and the bumpy ride that progressed as some things Obama achieved made sense, other things struggled and didn't pan out, and still some others we have yet to see results on. That's what the Democrats and liberals were selling, and that's why they won.

This was a direct result of the prominence conservative propaganda has had within the GOP and its supporters. It has given liberals and the Democratic party an information advantage that conservatives have literally given away.
Gee, then why did the people vote for divided govt then? Couldn't have been to box Obama in right? Meanwhile, even Wisconsin had won back their own congress with Republicans. Keep trying to sell this fake mandate Obama got. He had NO coat tails.
__________________
“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature.” ~ James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“We do not believe in aggressive or preventive war. Such war is the weapon of dictators, not of free democratic countries like the United States.”~ Truman, Sept 1, 1950
Posts: 59,782
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Shrug.

The election didn't happen in a vacuum. It happened because the conservative movement was trying to sell the idea that Obama's the devil reincarnate, has been an abject failure at everything, and has accomplished nothing good in his first four years.

That's not what the rest of the world observed -- they observed the shit sandwich he was given on Day One of his Presidency, and the bumpy ride that progressed as some things Obama achieved made sense, other things struggled and didn't pan out, and still some others we have yet to see results on. That's what the Democrats and liberals were selling, and that's why they won.

This was a direct result of the prominence conservative propaganda has had within the GOP and its supporters. It has given liberals and the Democratic party an information advantage that conservatives have literally given away.


You honestly believe that there wasn't a LARGE block of Obama voters that weren't swayed by propaganda on THEIR SIDE?

I heard a caller on the radio say "I voted for Obama because he's gonna give me free food, free healthcare, and he's gonna get me into college."
Posts: 61,900
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $23772
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post


You honestly believe that there wasn't a LARGE block of Obama voters that weren't swayed by propaganda on THEIR SIDE?

I heard a caller on the radio say "I voted for Obama because he's gonna give me free food, free healthcare, and he's gonna get me into college."
Find me one liberal media source that made that argument. Or even hinted at it. That idiot you quoted wasn't spewing verbatim anything he heard on a news source.

Meanwhile, conservatives have simply spewed on this board bullshit straight from Hannity, Beck, Drudge, and Levin. So while there are definitely idiots on both side of the aisle, the policy of one major political party is being driven by a wave of propaganda.

The liberal media was making the argument I highlighted: Obama did some things well, some things not so well, and some things we've yet to see returns on.

A message voters saw as more accurate than the one being peddled on Drudge.
__________________
Posts: 46,872
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
suzzer99 suzzer99 is offline
MVP
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LA
Casino cash: $11712
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post


You honestly believe that there wasn't a LARGE block of Obama voters that weren't swayed by propaganda on THEIR SIDE?

I heard a caller on the radio say "I voted for Obama because he's gonna give me free food, free healthcare, and he's gonna get me into college."
Ah the old law nature that says both sides must be equal and opposite in all things. It must be comforting, and help stave off any painful introspection, to know than the matter what scurrilous bullshit your side pulls - the other side is always just as bad.

There is no equivalent on the left of the Rupert Murdoch media empire – not in viewership, not in intensity, not in brazenness, not in the level to which their constituents buy everything they're selling.
Posts: 5,727
suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $16167
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post


You honestly believe that there wasn't a LARGE block of Obama voters that weren't swayed by propaganda on THEIR SIDE?

I heard a caller on the radio say "I voted for Obama because he's gonna give me free food, free healthcare, and he's gonna get me into college."
What "liberal" media source reported this as true? Thats the point.

I saw plenty of crazy Republicans make all sorts of stupid claims.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s

Last edited by Dave Lane; 11-08-2012 at 08:46 AM..
Posts: 25,361
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #10
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Shrug.

The election didn't happen in a vacuum. It happened because the conservative he was an incumbant
Shortened your post there...

George Bush won re-election and he wasn't even liked by his own party in 2004.

It amazes me that you guys are painting this as anything more than it is - an incumbent won re-election because incumbents almost always win re-election. He wasn't quite as bad as Carter and Romney wasn't anywhere near as good as Regan or Clinton.

I'll go ahead and stop listening to the Democrats telling the Republicans where they need to change to get votes, thank you. You guys don't care who says what if they have an R after their name - period. Romney is FAR closer to Clinton than Obama is but you fellas just won't admit it because there's an R there. So when the centrist you called for loses, you start to shout from the rooftops about the death of conservativism. The Ds aren't voting for a Republican and Romney kicked the shit out of Obama among independents.

You guys won because Obama is an extremely charismatic incumbent. The end.

But again, keep touting that 'mandate'.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
ChiefsCountry ChiefsCountry is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
ChiefsCountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake of the Ozarks
Casino cash: $17132
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Shortened your post there...

George Bush won re-election and he wasn't even liked by his own party in 2004.

It amazes me that you guys are painting this as anything more than it is - an incumbent won re-election because incumbents almost always win re-election. He wasn't quite as bad as Carter and Romney wasn't anywhere near as good as Regan or Clinton.

I'll go ahead and stop listening to the Democrats telling the Republicans where they need to change to get votes, thank you. You guys don't care who says what if they have an R after their name - period. Romney is FAR closer to Clinton than Obama is but you fellas just won't admit it because there's an R there. So when the centrist you called for loses, you start to shout from the rooftops about the death of conservativism. The Ds aren't voting for a Republican and Romney kicked the shit out of Obama among independents.

You guys won because Obama is an extremely charismatic incumbent. The end.

But again, keep touting that 'mandate'.
Game set match.
Posts: 29,650
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #12
The Rick The Rick is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Casino cash: $7147
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Shortened your post there...

George Bush won re-election and he wasn't even liked by his own party in 2004.

It amazes me that you guys are painting this as anything more than it is - an incumbent won re-election because incumbents almost always win re-election. He wasn't quite as bad as Carter and Romney wasn't anywhere near as good as Regan or Clinton.

I'll go ahead and stop listening to the Democrats telling the Republicans where they need to change to get votes, thank you. You guys don't care who says what if they have an R after their name - period. Romney is FAR closer to Clinton than Obama is but you fellas just won't admit it because there's an R there. So when the centrist you called for loses, you start to shout from the rooftops about the death of conservativism. The Ds aren't voting for a Republican and Romney kicked the shit out of Obama among independents.

You guys won because Obama is an extremely charismatic incumbent. The end.

But again, keep touting that 'mandate'.
Posts: 2,238
The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #13
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $10088
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Shortened your post there...

George Bush won re-election and he wasn't even liked by his own party in 2004.

It amazes me that you guys are painting this as anything more than it is - an incumbent won re-election because incumbents almost always win re-election. He wasn't quite as bad as Carter and Romney wasn't anywhere near as good as Regan or Clinton.

I'll go ahead and stop listening to the Democrats telling the Republicans where they need to change to get votes, thank you. You guys don't care who says what if they have an R after their name - period. Romney is FAR closer to Clinton than Obama is but you fellas just won't admit it because there's an R there. So when the centrist you called for loses, you start to shout from the rooftops about the death of conservativism. The Ds aren't voting for a Republican and Romney kicked the shit out of Obama among independents.

You guys won because Obama is an extremely charismatic incumbent. The end.

But again, keep touting that 'mandate'.
With a complicit MSM to carry his water, cover his mistakes.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,863
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #14
NewChief NewChief is offline
Greenbacker and Loving Liberal
 
NewChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Casino cash: $9534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Shortened your post there...

George Bush won re-election and he wasn't even liked by his own party in 2004.

It amazes me that you guys are painting this as anything more than it is - an incumbent won re-election because incumbents almost always win re-election. He wasn't quite as bad as Carter and Romney wasn't anywhere near as good as Regan or Clinton.

I'll go ahead and stop listening to the Democrats telling the Republicans where they need to change to get votes, thank you. You guys don't care who says what if they have an R after their name - period. Romney is FAR closer to Clinton than Obama is but you fellas just won't admit it because there's an R there. So when the centrist you called for loses, you start to shout from the rooftops about the death of conservativism. The Ds aren't voting for a Republican and Romney kicked the shit out of Obama among independents.

You guys won because Obama is an extremely charismatic incumbent. The end.

But again, keep touting that 'mandate'.
Was it 2000 (or midterms in 2002?) when the shoe was on the other foot? Everyone was saying that the Democratic Party was dead, foundering, needed to concede and change, etc... etc...

I just remember being on here and talking about it when it happened. I also remember doing it when I worked at Sierra Trading Post, so I think that would place it at 2000 or so. Anyway, I'll refrain from trying to "help" the GOP find its way. I'm sure they'll do just fine on their own. They've got plenty of smart (if misguided) people in leadership.
__________________
In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
- H. L. Mencken
Posts: 19,417
NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $23772
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Shortened your post there...

George Bush won re-election and he wasn't even liked by his own party in 2004.

It amazes me that you guys are painting this as anything more than it is - an incumbent won re-election because incumbents almost always win re-election. He wasn't quite as bad as Carter and Romney wasn't anywhere near as good as Regan or Clinton.
I'd quibble with this here or there, but fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'll go ahead and stop listening to the Democrats telling the Republicans where they need to change to get votes, thank you. You guys don't care who says what if they have an R after their name - period. Romney is FAR closer to Clinton than Obama is but you fellas just won't admit it because there's an R there. So when the centrist you called for loses, you start to shout from the rooftops about the death of conservativism. The Ds aren't voting for a Republican and Romney kicked the shit out of Obama among independents.
Actually Obama kicked the shit out of Romney with centrists, which is a different category than independents. Independents over the past four years became a misnomer because essentially a bunch of Republicans with Republican views got so upset with the party they renounced their membership, but still vote in line.
__________________
Posts: 46,872
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.