Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 PM   Topic Starter
Count Zarth Count Zarth is online now
Emperor of the Universe
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10240547
PFF Browns stuff

OL had one of the worst games of the year. Big Jon, Albert and Stephenson all had negative grades. Big Jon played his worst game of the year.

Jon Baldween got 17 whole pass snaps and 2 targets. Jamar Newsome picked up the slack with 15 pass snaps and 3 targets.

Tyson Jackson actually had a pretty good game based solely on his run defense (+1.0). He picked up 1 hurry and 1 sack in 30 pass rush snaps....fortunately Justin Houston only rushed 23 times.

Speaking of Houston, he had a terrible game, and easily his worst of the year with a -1.7. So did Poe with a -2.8.

Slightly impressed with Jalil Brown for once. He was targeted 5 times and only gave up 9 yards. Not so much impressed with Javy Arenass, who gave up 4 catches for 51 yards on 4 targets.

Tysyn Hartman played 69 snaps and had a +1.9. That's good work for a guy who has barely played at all. He might be a guy to watch.

Our front seven got abused by the Browns. Their entire OL graded at least +2.2 or higher. That's pretty rare. That's basically what the 03 Chiefs OL used to do most weeks.

Here's a fun stat: Brandon Flowers has only allowed 45.6% of the passes thrown his way to be caught this year. That's 4th best in the league.

On the opposite side: Only one safety has allowed more yards in coverage than Eric Berry. Ouch.
Posts: 165,280
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Chiefspants Chiefspants is offline
Good as New
 
Chiefspants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Casino cash: $979775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning View Post
OL had one of the worst games of the year. Big Jon, Albert and Stephenson all had negative grades. Big Jon played his worst game of the year.

Jon Baldween got 17 whole pass snaps and 2 targets. Jamar Newsome picked up the slack with 15 pass snaps and 3 targets.

Tyson Jackson actually had a pretty good game based solely on his run defense (+1.0). He picked up 1 hurry and 1 sack in 30 pass rush snaps....fortunately Justin Houston only rushed 23 times.

Speaking of Houston, he had a terrible game, and easily his worst of the year with a -1.7. So did Poe with a -2.8.

Slightly impressed with Jalil Brown for once. He was targeted 5 times and only gave up 9 yards. Not so much impressed with Javy Arenass, who gave up 4 catches for 51 yards on 4 targets.

Tysyn Hartman played 69 snaps and had a +1.9. That's good work for a guy who has barely played at all. He might be a guy to watch.

Our front seven got abused by the Browns. Their entire OL graded at least +2.2 or higher. That's pretty rare. That's basically what the 03 Chiefs OL used to do most weeks.

Here's a fun stat: Brandon Flowers has only allowed 45.6% of the passes thrown his way to be caught this year. That's 4th best in the league.

On the opposite side: Only one safety has allowed more yards in coverage than Eric Berry. Ouch.
Really wish they'd put Berry in Hartman's position, it's obviously that major changes need to be made with his role in the defense.
Posts: 4,767
Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $62712295
VARSITY
I forgot that Eric Berry was on the team.

Seriously, what's wrong with him this year? Is the knee not back, or did he just regress badly with a year off? He has been completely invisible all year.
__________________
In the final seven games of the 2013 season, the Chiefs averaged 34.6 points per game, scored 38 points or more 4 times, and went 2-5. The NFL has ruined the sport.
Posts: 75,808
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
Count Zarth Count Zarth is online now
Emperor of the Universe
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10240547
I don't think his knee is healthy whatsoever.

I also think he had the worst knee injury of the three guys, and he injured it twice. Once on the initial hit, and again when he was forced back into the game.

Moeaki and Charles have looked much much better the last month. You can tell they're getting those knees almost back to 100 percent now. I think Berry will need the offseason to get back to where he was.
Posts: 165,280
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Saccopoo Saccopoo is offline
In ur base killing ur dudes.
 
Saccopoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zion
Casino cash: $51104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning View Post
I don't think his knee is healthy whatsoever.

I also think he had the worst knee injury of the three guys, and he injured it twice. Once on the initial hit, and again when he was forced back into the game.

Moeaki and Charles have looked much much better the last month. You can tell they're getting those knees almost back to 100 percent now. I think Berry will need the offseason to get back to where he was.
He has struggled in pass protection from Day 1 in the NFL. During his rookie season he was routinely abused by almost every TE we played against.

It hasn't changed.

I like the guy and he's got a great attitude (from what I can see), but it's beginning to look like a bust level pick at this point - especially considering the level of production of other safetys taken in that same draft.
__________________
Dammit. I just stepped in the Chief's 2014 Draft.

Posts: 10,052
Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $100061522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
He has struggled in pass protection from Day 1 in the NFL. During his rookie season he was routinely abused by almost every TE we played against.

It hasn't changed.

I like the guy and he's got a great attitude (from what I can see), but it's beginning to look like a bust level pick at this point - especially considering the level of production of other safetys taken in that same draft.
The problem stems from Eric being assigned to play man-coverage in a LB spot in nearly/if not all of our passing downs. If he was allowed to get more looks as a safety in a 2 deep or even a lurk/robber look, I feel you'd see better results.

He doesn't need to be stuck playing man coverage. He simply isn't that good at it to be doing it on nearly 2/3 snaps per series.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,017
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
Saccopoo Saccopoo is offline
In ur base killing ur dudes.
 
Saccopoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zion
Casino cash: $51104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
The problem stems from Eric being assigned to play man-coverage in a LB spot in nearly/if not all of our passing downs. If he was allowed to get more looks as a safety in a 2 deep or even a lurk/robber look, I feel you'd see better results.

He doesn't need to be stuck playing man coverage. He simply isn't that good at it to be doing it on nearly 2/3 snaps per series.
He was a top five pick. As a safety.

He should be destroying guys in man coverage, especially with his athletic ability.

Right now, it looks like his college numbers were the effect of playing rogue in Monte Kiffin's Cover 2 versus his actual football instincts/capabilities.

He should have been Paul Krause. Right now, he's a really, really small Mike linebacker. That's a busted pick in my book and another shit bag Pioli first round pick.

He's the defensive equivilent of Baldwin. Supreme athletic gifts and just can't play the game (at least to the level his draft pick should dictate).
__________________
Dammit. I just stepped in the Chief's 2014 Draft.

Posts: 10,052
Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
Count Zarth Count Zarth is online now
Emperor of the Universe
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10240547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
He's the defensive equivilent of Baldwin. Supreme athletic gifts and just can't play the game (at least to the level his draft pick should dictate).
That's not fair. Go back and watch the Ravens playoff game. Berry was absolutely awesome in coverage that day.

The guy's knee isn't right.
Posts: 165,280
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $100061522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
He was a top five pick. As a safety.

He should be destroying guys in man coverage, especially with his athletic ability.

Right now, it looks like his college numbers were the effect of playing rogue in Monte Kiffin's Cover 2 versus his actual football instincts/capabilities.

He should have been Paul Krause. Right now, he's a really, really small Mike linebacker. That's a busted pick in my book and another shit bag Pioli first round pick.

He's the defensive equivilent of Baldwin. Supreme athletic gifts and just can't play the game (at least to the level his draft pick should dictate).
I definitely think he needs one more year due to the ACL injury. If he still can't perform, then he's a bust IMO. I'd still like to see us upgrade the position with 2 new safety additions (unless Hartman shows he can be productive).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,017
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
RunKC RunKC is offline
Just a humble bounty hunter
 
RunKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $43790
This safety class is stacked with very good safety talent. Draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round tell Kendrick Lewis to sit the bench.

My favorites are Lester and the two Georgia Safeties. Preferably Rambo, because he's a hard hitter and his name is Baccari mother****ing RAMBO.
Posts: 5,439
RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.RunKC would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
Saccopoo Saccopoo is offline
In ur base killing ur dudes.
 
Saccopoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zion
Casino cash: $51104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning View Post
On the opposite side: Only one safety has allowed more yards in coverage than Eric Berry. Ouch.
Reminds me of the time around the 2010 NFL Draft when this one guy around here said it was nuts to pick a safety in the top five and the Chiefs should draft TJ Ward or Morgan Burnett later in the draft versus drafting Berry at #5.

I wonder how many here went out and purchased Berry jerseys thinking that he was going to be the saviour of this team.
__________________
Dammit. I just stepped in the Chief's 2014 Draft.

Posts: 10,052
Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
Pestilence Pestilence is offline
Want a ride?
 
Pestilence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nor-Cal
Casino cash: $77616134
Berry needs to be moved to FS and we need to draft an actual SS.
Posts: 43,528
Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #13
Saccopoo Saccopoo is offline
In ur base killing ur dudes.
 
Saccopoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zion
Casino cash: $51104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Berry needs to be moved to FS and we need to draft an actual SS.
In Crennel's defense, they are almost interchangable positions.

I think it's more of a problem of him not being very good in pass protection more than anything else at this point versus him playing out of position.

He and Taylor Mays were both free lance type guys at the safety position in college and were given huge leeway in terms of actual assignments because of their insane physical gifts. Neither have done much in terms of translating their athletic ability into actual on-the-field production at the next level.
__________________
Dammit. I just stepped in the Chief's 2014 Draft.

Posts: 10,052
Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #14
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $100061522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
In Crennel's defense, they are almost interchangable positions.
Not quite. Romeo traditionally operates out of one sub package, a 2-3-6 look in which Berry plays a LB role. Quite different than the roles of a traditional FS such as Lewis.



Here you can see said package, with Berry playing inside leverage on Dreesen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,017
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
Saccopoo Saccopoo is offline
In ur base killing ur dudes.
 
Saccopoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zion
Casino cash: $51104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
Not quite. Romeo traditionally operates out of one sub package, a 2-3-6 look in which Berry plays a LB role. Quite different than the roles of a traditional FS such as Lewis. Here you can see said package, with Berry playing inside leverage on Dreesen.
Oh, I know what his role is in the third down/passing down sub-packages. He has to be that guy because of the personnel/design. But it still doesn't explain his continual break downs in coverage regardless of the package being put out.

And it may be as simple as what Clay said and that Romeo is a complete tard.

I find it hard to believe that with all these first rounders on the defensive side of the ball that they are all that ****ing bad. Romeo could simply be the guy who is destroying their actual capabilities.

And that's why I'm willing to give all these guys the benefit of the doubt. Jackson, Bailey, Berry, Brown, Johnson, et al, should all be better than what they are showing on any given Sunday. The only guy who is a constant is Hali, and that's because he's really only asked to do one thing, and that's rush the passer.

We really need to purge these dipshits from this organization. There isn't a guy on this coaching staff who knows shit from shinola, of if they do, they are terrified of being another victim of the Inquisition like Haley.
__________________
Dammit. I just stepped in the Chief's 2014 Draft.

Posts: 10,052
Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Saccopoo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.