Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 AM   Topic Starter
Hog Farmer Hog Farmer is offline
Good Donkey = Dead Donkey
 
Hog Farmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Casino cash: $27780
From NFL.COM / Chiefs select Manuel

Sorry for the bad news.


Chiefs go with Luke Joeckel
Despite speculation the Chiefs will go with Geno Smith, they end up with the Texas A&M left tackle. But don't breathe a sigh of relief, Matt Cassel. The Chiefs will find their QB in the second round with E.J. Manuel (who certainly won't mind playing for Andy Reid). In case you're wondering, the Cardinals don't draft Smith (he goes No. 8 to Buffalo), and the Birds end up with Matt Barkley in the second round.
Posts: 17,685
Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Hog Farmer has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Dayze Dayze is offline
Resident Glue Sniffer
 
Dayze's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $27883
why do yo hate me?
__________________
Life is 99% inspiration, 1% Perspiration, and 1% Attention to Detial.
Posts: 28,074
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
saphojunkie saphojunkie is offline
MVP
 
saphojunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Casino cash: $12528
oh yeah?

How about THIS, also from nfl.com?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-brooks/160100

NFL Mock Draft: Geno Smith still holds top spot

By Bucky Brooks |

Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

Published: Feb. 6, 2013 at 04:03 p.m.
The conclusion of the Senior Bowl nearly brings the college all-star game circuit to a close, prompting NFL scouts and coaches to move on to the next phase in the evaluation process. With teams becoming increasingly familiar with all of the prospects, including a huge class of underclassmen entrants, the connection between team need and available talent is starting to crystallize. Additionally, the hiring of head coaches and coordinators provides us with an idea of how well prospects potentially fit into a team's designated offensive or defensive scheme. While the process remains fluid at this point, I thought I would dive in and take another crack at a mock draft. Since I'm not including a quick explanation behind each pick, feel free to hit me up on Twitter (@buckybrooks) to discuss the rationale behind the selections. Without further ado, here is my mock draft, version 2.0:

Pick 1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB WVU.
Posts: 7,260
saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $31304
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
oh yeah?

How about THIS, also from nfl.com?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-brooks/160100

NFL Mock Draft: Geno Smith still holds top spot

By Bucky Brooks |

Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

Published: Feb. 6, 2013 at 04:03 p.m.
The conclusion of the Senior Bowl nearly brings the college all-star game circuit to a close, prompting NFL scouts and coaches to move on to the next phase in the evaluation process. With teams becoming increasingly familiar with all of the prospects, including a huge class of underclassmen entrants, the connection between team need and available talent is starting to crystallize. Additionally, the hiring of head coaches and coordinators provides us with an idea of how well prospects potentially fit into a team's designated offensive or defensive scheme. While the process remains fluid at this point, I thought I would dive in and take another crack at a mock draft. Since I'm not including a quick explanation behind each pick, feel free to hit me up on Twitter (@buckybrooks) to discuss the rationale behind the selections. Without further ado, here is my mock draft, version 2.0:

Pick 1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB WVU.

Did you read the user comments? JFC our fan base is retarded.

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Nah...they're that ****ing dense.
Posts: 22,848
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Did you read the user comments? JFC our fan base is retarded.

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Nah...they're that ****ing dense.
Yep.
Posts: 61,900
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $31304
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Yep.
"I dont think the chiefs will take Geno Smith I think they'll take Damontre Moore"



Are you ****ing with me or something?
Posts: 22,848
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Bowser Bowser is offline
walking on sunshine
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $5156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Did you read the user comments? JFC our fan base is retarded.

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Nah...they're that ****ing dense.
They really are. It's awful and unexplainable. I know guys with solid football IQ's that are arguing that we should take Joeckel because he's that "once a decade player at his position", and that Geno Smith/Barkley/Wilson are just guys. I always respond with "How's Miami looking these days with Jake Long?", and get the standard rambling bullshit of WELL THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS....
Posts: 56,397
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Left Forever?
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $17791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
They really are. It's awful and unexplainable. I know guys with solid football IQ's that are arguing that we should take Joeckel because he's that "once a decade player at his position", and that Geno Smith/Barkley/Wilson are just guys. I always respond with "How's Miami looking these days with Jake Long?", and get the standard rambling bullshit of WELL THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS....
Except that some people believe that Eric Fischer is a better prospect than Joeckel.

Two once in a decade players in one draft! Then there was Khalil last season, Clady a couple before that, etc, etc....

He's not a once in a decade player. Joekel is a once every single season player. And hell, it could be that Geno Smith is a once every single season player as well - but we need one now.

The logic just doesn't hold on the Joeckel pick once you start to really dig into it.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 21,315
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
Bowser Bowser is offline
walking on sunshine
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $5156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Except that some people believe that Eric Fischer is a better prospect than Joeckel.

Two once in a decade players in one draft! Then there was Khalil last season, Clady a couple before that, etc, etc....

He's not a once in a decade player. Joekel is a once every single season player. And hell, it could be that Geno Smith is a once every single season player as well - but we need one now.

The logic just doesn't hold on the Joeckel pick once you start to really dig into it.
My belief is that once the mouthbreathers start picking their "big boards" on ESPN rational thought goes right the **** out the door. OMGZZ YOU GUYS MCSHAY AND HAIRDO SAY NO QB IS WORTH THE TOP PICK WE BETTER NOT TAKE ONE, completely ignoring the fact that the FIRST thing this team needs is a quarterback.

Maddening
Posts: 56,397
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Scrawny Armed Alex Smith is offline
No mayonnaise for me today!!!
 
Scrawny Armed Alex Smith's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Except that some people believe that Eric Fischer is a better prospect than Joeckel.

Two once in a decade players in one draft! Then there was Khalil last season, Clady a couple before that, etc, etc....

He's not a once in a decade player. Joekel is a once every single season player. And hell, it could be that Geno Smith is a once every single season player as well - but we need one now.

The logic just doesn't hold on the Joeckel pick once you start to really dig into it.
I'm going as far as to say Joeckel will end up a joke in the NFL. The guy gets pushed around a lot, ends up on the ground a lot. I don't see how that translates into a "once in a decade guy"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post

I can confirm that A-list celebs have sex just the same way we do.

Justin Verlander has an average cock and lightly trims his pubes.
Posts: 1,564
Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #11
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $32054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Did you read the user comments? JFC our fan base is retarded.

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Nah...they're that ****ing dense.





kane198t:
I've said it in a few other posts, and I will say it again here. Any team that looks to draft a "franchise QB", needs to make sure they have an O line that is in place and they need to have weapons for the QB to get the ball to. If KC drafts Smith, they better have gotten a true no. 2 WR, and they need help on the O line. they DO need help, regardless of what some of their fans are saying. When you have the number 1 pick, you MUST make the safe pick or trade down, do not use that pick on a Boom or Bust, or Risk factor type of player.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 52,771
Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
siberian khatru siberian khatru is offline
21st Century Schizoid Fan
 
siberian khatru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Gates of Delirium
Casino cash: $31132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post




kane198t:
I've said it in a few other posts, and I will say it again here. Any team that looks to draft a "franchise QB", needs to make sure they have an O line that is in place and they need to have weapons for the QB to get the ball to. If KC drafts Smith, they better have gotten a true no. 2 WR, and they need help on the O line. they DO need help, regardless of what some of their fans are saying. When you have the number 1 pick, you MUST make the safe pick or trade down, do not use that pick on a Boom or Bust, or Risk factor type of player.

I hope he gets killed in a car wreck driving home tonight.
Posts: 46,949
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #13
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $32054
Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
I hope he gets killed in a car wreck driving home tonight.
"We must have a Pro-Bowler at every position on offense and defense. Only then can we even think about selecting a QB."
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 52,771
Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #14
prhom prhom is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver
Casino cash: $5993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post




kane198t:
I've said it in a few other posts, and I will say it again here. Any team that looks to draft a "franchise QB", needs to make sure they have an O line that is in place and they need to have weapons for the QB to get the ball to. If KC drafts Smith, they better have gotten a true no. 2 WR, and they need help on the O line. they DO need help, regardless of what some of their fans are saying. When you have the number 1 pick, you MUST make the safe pick or trade down, do not use that pick on a Boom or Bust, or Risk factor type of player.
Oh, for ****'s sake...
Posts: 1,353
prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
Pestilence Pestilence is offline
Free Van Rides!
 
Pestilence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nor-Cal
Casino cash: $49412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Did you read the user comments? JFC our fan base is retarded.

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Nah...they're that ****ing dense.
I guarantee you that if we had traded into the #2 spot last year for RG3....there would have been a section of our fan base screaming to take Matt Kalil or Trent Richardson. This fan base is so ****ing scared to take a QB....especially a black one....that it's ****ing pathetic.
__________________

Posts: 50,797
Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.