|10-18-2013, 04:06 PM|
All aboard the crazy train
Join Date: Dec 2009
Casino cash: $6542
16 Things We Learned from the Government Shutdown
1. The way that Washington politicians solve a debt ceiling crisis is to always vote for more debt.
2. The Park Police will spend funds for guards to keep people out of public memorials, but it won’t spend funds for those same guards to allow people to enjoy those same
3. WW2 veterans aren’t welcome at the National Memorial, but Democrats will host a rally for illegal immigrants at the National Mall – while lecturing citizens about “respect.”
4. “Compromise” for the Democrats always means meeting 100% of its demands.
5. Republicans are not effective at strategic planning
6. The president is mysteriously never a part of the problem in Washington, but can sort of hang out on the couch and say ‘no’ without having to address serious stuff like debt and the ObamaCare trainwreck
7. Obama basically argued that if we don’t borrow more money it’s like a “deadbeat” choosing not to pay his mortgage. Wouldn’t putting bills on a credit card be the sort of thing a “deadbeat” would do?
8. Democrats will call Republicans “anarchists,” “arsonists,” “terrorists,” “extremists,” “hostage-takers,” “jihadists” and “suicide bombers” if the GOP doesn’t completely capitulate, but would never dare call Islamist terrorists that
9. Obama can call raising the debt ceiling in 2006 a “failure of leadership,” but will compare Republicans to terrorists for opposing it after jacking it up another $6.5 trillion. And that’s presidential?
10. Bureaucrats will spend money printing up special signs that say that things are closed because of the government shutdown instead of just saying they’re closed.
11. The U.S. government can take the entire economy hostage.
12. 400,000 non-essential “public servants” being laid off for a few weeks is more important than the fate of 310 million citizens and their per person debt of around $54,000 each
13. The stock market doesn’t really care what Washington does, as long as the Fed keeps printing cash
14. Democrats won’t pass budgets that responsibly fund the government and Republicans will use crazy tactics to make points that fly over the heads of the American people.
15. There are still folks who care enough about their country to storm the Barrycades and let their fellow citizens in to see their national memorials
16. The American people deserve better than what they are getting from this government.