Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 PM  
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is offline
Country Santa Year Around
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $1266914
60 Minutes tonight on Benghazi

Anyone see this tonight? Sounds like it was not good for Obama and Hillary
Posts: 28,302
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #106
jettio jettio is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Here's the full transcript of the 60 Minutes piece:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_16...utes-benghazi/
Oh, so no new information. The state department could have approved the prior requests for more security. But once those are denied then Ambassador Stevens is responsible for making sure that he and his people are protected by the assets that are there.

There was no compelling reason for Ambassador Stevens to remain in Benghazi no matter the circumstances. It was up to him and his security team to know whether or not the Lybian militia could adequately supplement the CIA security force to protect them and if the protection was not adequate then it was up to him to leave the Benghazi compound and go to Tripoli.

The truth of this situation is that the Ambassador has final responsibility for security of his personnel.

I invite all of the prejudiced people in this thread to explain to what degree Ambassador Stevens bears responsibility for choosing to be in Benghazi on that day when he had full knowledge of the security assets available to him and the best knowledge of the threats, and the full authority to do whatever he thought necessary to protect himself and his people, including the authority to close the Benghazi compound, order all personnel to Tripoli and arrange for secure transportation.

4 Americans died, more than 30 were evacuated safely.

You can have this deputy ambassador Hicks continue to say how surprised he was that the calvary did not come to the rescue, but I want to see him explain how it was that they were even in Benghazi that night and how it was that so many Americans were evacuated safely.

Ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith could have even been at the Annex in the first place, and if that were the first place attacked, that very likely would have been repelled and everyone would have been evacuated with no casualties.

Fact of the matter is that Ambassador Stevens served his country well. He was brave and he was killed by terrorists. Sometimes terrorists succeed. When that happens, Americans should rally together, but when you have prejudiced partisans, you get a whole bunch of BS allegations.

The GOP and Tea Party can continue to be glad that 4 Americans were killed by terrorists and hope they can twist that into some kind of way to win elections. But it is dishonorable to celebrate terrorist attacks against our people and that is what the GOP and Tea Party are hoping to do. They are intending to be opportunistic and the only way to do that is to be dishonorable.

Keep beating that drum. It did not work in 2012, and it will not work in the future. Dishonorable partisans impress themselves with their own BS. But a majority of voters are not impressed with that.
__________________
Where Ignorance is Bliss, 'Tis Folly to be Wise.

__
Posts: 6,968
jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #107
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473555
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
Oh, so no new information. The state department could have approved the prior requests for more security. But once those are denied then Ambassador Stevens is responsible for making sure that he and his people are protected by the assets that are there.

There was no compelling reason for Ambassador Stevens to remain in Benghazi no matter the circumstances. It was up to him and his security team to know whether or not the Lybian militia could adequately supplement the CIA security force to protect them and if the protection was not adequate then it was up to him to leave the Benghazi compound and go to Tripoli.

The truth of this situation is that the Ambassador has final responsibility for security of his personnel.

I invite all of the prejudiced people in this thread to explain to what degree Ambassador Stevens bears responsibility for choosing to be in Benghazi on that day when he had full knowledge of the security assets available to him and the best knowledge of the threats, and the full authority to do whatever he thought necessary to protect himself and his people, including the authority to close the Benghazi compound, order all personnel to Tripoli and arrange for secure transportation.

4 Americans died, more than 30 were evacuated safely.

You can have this deputy ambassador Hicks continue to say how surprised he was that the calvary did not come to the rescue, but I want to see him explain how it was that they were even in Benghazi that night and how it was that so many Americans were evacuated safely.

Ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith could have even been at the Annex in the first place, and if that were the first place attacked, that very likely would have been repelled and everyone would have been evacuated with no casualties.

Fact of the matter is that Ambassador Stevens served his country well. He was brave and he was killed by terrorists. Sometimes terrorists succeed. When that happens, Americans should rally together, but when you have prejudiced partisans, you get a whole bunch of BS allegations.

The GOP and Tea Party can continue to be glad that 4 Americans were killed by terrorists and hope they can twist that into some kind of way to win elections. But it is dishonorable to celebrate terrorist attacks against our people and that is what the GOP and Tea Party are hoping to do. They are intending to be opportunistic and the only way to do that is to be dishonorable.

Keep beating that drum. It did not work in 2012, and it will not work in the future. Dishonorable partisans impress themselves with their own BS. But a majority of voters are not impressed with that.
tl;dr = Blame the dead guy not the administration bigwigs who listened to him die from the comfort of their Washington DC campaign protection centers.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #108
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is offline
Country Santa Year Around
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $1266914
Nicely done partisan attack on your partisan opponents. When we decide to look for the truth on any issue based on what the majority of voters would be impressed with we end up with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. We end up with John Boehner.

This is working well. Look for the facts and the truth without the spin.
__________________
Frazod to KC Nitwit..."Hey, I saw a picture of some dumpy bitch with a horrible ****tarded giant back tattoo and couldn't help but think of you." Simple, Pure, Perfect. 7/31/2013

Dave Lane: "I have donated more money to people in my life as an atheist that most churches ever will."

Come home to Jesus Dave. Come home.
Posts: 28,302
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #109
jettio jettio is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
tl;dr = Blame the dead guy not the administration bigwigs who listened to him die from the comfort of their Washington DC campaign protection centers.
You can use all of your pretty words to make your nonsense more effective.

And, you can lie all you want about the responsibilities of Ambassadors.

Please explain why Ambassador Stevens was where he was that night and what his responsibilities are regarding the security of the US diplomatic personnel in Lybia when he is the ambassador to that country.
__________________
Where Ignorance is Bliss, 'Tis Folly to be Wise.

__
Posts: 6,968
jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #110
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is offline
Country Santa Year Around
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $1266914
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
You can use all of your pretty words to make your nonsense more effective.

And, you can lie all you want about the responsibilities of Ambassadors.

Please explain why Ambassador Stevens was where he was that night and what his responsibilities are regarding the security of the US diplomatic personnel in Lybia when he is the ambassador to that country.

Hillary answered that didn't she? What difference does it make?
__________________
Frazod to KC Nitwit..."Hey, I saw a picture of some dumpy bitch with a horrible ****tarded giant back tattoo and couldn't help but think of you." Simple, Pure, Perfect. 7/31/2013

Dave Lane: "I have donated more money to people in my life as an atheist that most churches ever will."

Come home to Jesus Dave. Come home.
Posts: 28,302
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #111
jettio jettio is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Hillary answered that didn't she? What difference does it make?
You recollection of that is incorrect. You should do some research and learn what question she was asked when she said that.

It seems to me that you are saying that she used those words to answer the questions I posed and that is not true.

That would seem to be an example of you being a manipulator of the truth in order to bear false witness and disparage people.

You can make a stronger effort not to do that because if you have no respect for your truthfulness and credibility then nobody else should either.
__________________
Where Ignorance is Bliss, 'Tis Folly to be Wise.

__
Posts: 6,968
jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #112
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473555
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
You can use all of your pretty words to make your nonsense more effective.

And, you can lie all you want about the responsibilities of Ambassadors.

Please explain why Ambassador Stevens was where he was that night and what his responsibilities are regarding the security of the US diplomatic personnel in Lybia when he is the ambassador to that country.
He was there because the Obama administration was transferring Libyan weapons to associates of al Qaeda in an effort to overthrow Bashir Assad. Kind of Iran Contra-ish, if you ask me.

You might want the buck to stop at the grave of a US ambassador, but IMO the buck goes higher than that.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #113
blaise blaise is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $9689343
jettio to claim racism of some kind within the next 20 posts.
Posts: 20,301
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #114
jettio jettio is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
He was there because the Obama administration was transferring Libyan weapons to associates of al Qaeda in an effort to overthrow Bashir Assad. Kind of Iran Contra-ish, if you ask me.

You might want the buck to stop at the grave of a US ambassador, but IMO the buck goes higher than that.
So you are accusing Ambassador Stevens of transferring weapons to Al Qaeda and being killed by Al Qaeda during this transaction?
__________________
Where Ignorance is Bliss, 'Tis Folly to be Wise.

__
Posts: 6,968
jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #115
KCBOSS1 KCBOSS1 is offline
RAISE EM RIGHT
 
KCBOSS1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Arkansas
Casino cash: $12700
Impeachment worthy.
Posts: 1,799
KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCBOSS1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #116
jettio jettio is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise View Post
jettio to claim racism of some kind within the next 20 posts.
thanks for the heads up. Seeing that I can't remember anytime that you ever posted anything worth reading, I welcome you to my ignore list.

I hope that we can be as glad as me that I will never read your posts.
__________________
Where Ignorance is Bliss, 'Tis Folly to be Wise.

__
Posts: 6,968
jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #117
suzzer99 suzzer99 is offline
Veteran
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LA
Casino cash: $54346
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I don't know that that's true, but even if it is it's a strawman as no one is seriously arguing for the pre-Obamacare status quo as the ultimate solution.

It's certainly not an argument in favor of Obamacare.
You know damn good and well it's true. Name a wealthy country without UHC. The closest I can find in terms of wealth are Indonesia, Malaysia Turkey, Iran and Vietnam. Not exactly bastions of first-world capitalism.



Obamacare is better than the status quo for millions of people like my uncle who can't get private insurance. Republicans ONLY answer is the status quo. Well at least now that they turned on their own idea when it became Obamacare. I guess they learned their lesson to never actually propose new ideas wrt to healthcare - democrats might just take them up on it.
Posts: 4,948
suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #118
stevieray stevieray is offline
Ring of Fire
 
stevieray's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $85036888
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
thanks for the heads up. Seeing that I can't remember anytime that you ever posted anything worth reading, I welcome you to my ignore list.

I hope that we can be as glad as me that I will never read your posts.



..classic pompous jettio.
Posts: 36,202
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #119
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $108511
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
thanks for the heads up. Seeing that I can't remember anytime that you ever posted anything worth reading, I welcome you to my ignore list.

I hope that we can be as glad as me that I will never read your posts.
The hit dog yelps.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,334
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #120
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473555
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
So you are accusing Ambassador Stevens of transferring weapons to Al Qaeda and being killed by Al Qaeda during this transaction?
I'm accusing the Obama administration of transferring weapons to associates of al Qaeda and Ambassador Stevens of being killed by associates of al Qaeda (although not necessarily the same associates).
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.