Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 10:51 AM  
OrtonsPiercedTaint OrtonsPiercedTaint is offline
Veteran
 
OrtonsPiercedTaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Casino cash: $28424
Fookembug:The Seven Black Presidents Before Barack Obama

The Seven Black Presidents Before Barack Obama
December 1, 2008

http://fookembug.wordpress.com/2008/...-barack-obama/

Were There Black US Presidents before? The people thought that Barack Obama is the first black President of the United States. Wrong.

1. John Hanson (a Moor) was actually the 1st President of the United States, he served from 1781 – 1782 and he was black. The new country was actually formed on March 1, 1781 with the adoption of The Articles of Confederation. This document was actually proposed on June 11, 1776, but not agreed upon by Congress until November 15, 1777. Maryland refused to sign this document until Virginia and New York ceded their western lands (Maryland was afraid that these states would gain too much power in the new government from such large amounts of land).

Once the signing took place in 1781, a President was needed to run the country. John Hanson was chosen unanimously by Congress (which included George Washington). In fact, all the other potential candidates refused to run against him, as he was a major player in the revolution and an extremely influential member of Congress.

As President, Hanson ordered all foreign troops off American soil, as well as removal of all foreign flags. He established the Great Seal of the United States, which all Presidents since have been required to use on all Official Documents. He declared that the 4th Thursday of every November to be Thanksgiving Day, which is still true today. Even though elected, one variable that was never thought through was that America was not going to accept a Black President during the heart of the enslavement period. Enter George Washington.

2. Thomas Jefferson was the 3rd President of the United States, he served from 1801 – 1809 and he was black. His mother a half-breed Indian squaw and his father a mulatto (half white and half black) from Virginia. He fathered numerous children with Sally Hemmings, a mulatto slave with whom he lived with in Europe.

3. Andrew Jackson was the 7th President of the United States. He served from 1829 – 1837 and he was black. His mother was a white woman from Ireland who had Andrew Jackson with a black man. His father’s other children (Andrew Jackson’s stepbrother) was sold into slavery.

4. Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States, he served from 1861 – 1865 and he was black. His mother was from an Ethiopian Tribe and his father was an African American. It was told that his father was Thomas Lincoln, a man to cover the truth, but he was sterile from childhood mumps and was later castrated, making it impossible for him to have been his father. Lincoln’s nickname “Abraham Africa-nus the First.”

5. Warren Harding was the 28th President of the United States, he served from 1921 – 1923 and he was black. Harding never denied his ancestry. When Republican leaders called on Harding to deny his “Negro” history, he said, “How should I know whether or not one of my ancestors might have jumped the fence?”

6. Calvin Coolidge was the 29th President of the United States, he served from 1923 – 1929 and he was black. He proudly admitted that his mother was dark but claimed it was because of a mixed Indian ancestry. His mother’s maiden name was “Moor.” In Europe the name “Moor” was given to all Black people just as in America the name “Negro” was used.

7. Dwight E. Eisenhower was the 33rd President of the United States, he served from 1953 – 1961 and he was black. His mother, Ida Elizabeth Stover Eisenhower, an anti-war advocate, was half black.

So, America has survived and thrived through our first Seven Black Presidents and we will survive and THRIVE through the election
Posts: 3,543
OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #76
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $77973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
that's not what he claimed. He was saying it was used in such a way to deflect attention from Bill Clinton caught lying under oath. At no time did he infer that Jefferson's family tried to save Bill Clinton by having DNA tests.
Thank you. But you know who you're dealing with here, so I doubt he will even understand what you just typed.
__________________
___________________________________
Posts: 12,107
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #77
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $119496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
that's not what he claimed. He was saying it was used in such a way to deflect attention from Bill Clinton caught lying under oath. At no time did he infer that Jefferson's family tried to save Bill Clinton by having DNA tests.
The whole posts "infers" it. He even cites Krauthammer and the WSJ as "wondering" about it. And he says "...the timing of it was extremely coincidental..." If he didn't mean to imply that, then he should try not to be such a shitty writer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,008
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #78
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $119496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Read the post again, dipshit.
I did. It's still just as stupid as I remembered it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,008
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #79
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $77973
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
I did. It's still just as stupid as I remembered it.
It's bad enough that you're a dipshit. But what makes you a turd is your inability to admit when you're wrong.
__________________
___________________________________
Posts: 12,107
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #80
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
It's bad enough that you're a dipshit. But what makes you a turd is your inability to admit when you're wrong.
After the "has been proved" post you never owned up to this post is pretty rich~
__________________

"If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #81
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $1128670
James Buchanan was the 15th President of the US (1857-1861) and is generally regarded as the instigator, or cause, of the American Civil War. He was born in Africa and brought over on a slave ship but escaped almost immediately upon landing. He traveled extensively in the Eastern Seaboard area of the United States as a minstrel accidentally laying the foundation of what would later be known as the vaudeville variety of theatrical entertainment.

While in whiteface he was mistaken for a local Caucasian politician and "went along for the ride" according to his autobiography. He was eventually caught up in a highly partisan campaign and, when his origins were discovered, was elected as President anyway by a stubborn Electoral College. His term was embroiled in controversy and he faced impeachment seven times, but the Congress could not manage enough simultaneously sober members to carry out any one of the the impeachments.

The acrimony resulting from his full term shook a young nation to pieces as legislators sobered up and began making plans for war over what was called the "embarrassment of serving under yet another Black President."
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 27,788
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #82
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $119496
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
James Buchanan was the 15th President of the US (1857-1861) and is generally regarded as the instigator, or cause, of the American Civil War. He was born in Africa and brought over on a slave ship but escaped almost immediately upon landing. He traveled extensively in the Eastern Seaboard area of the United States as a minstrel accidentally laying the foundation of what would later be known as the vaudeville variety of theatrical entertainment.
This is more believable than 99% of HCF's posts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,008
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #83
Amnorix Amnorix is online now
In BB I trust
 
Amnorix's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Boston, Mass.
Casino cash: $212378
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
It has not "proved" anything. Jefferson is a hero of mine and the most fascinating president in our history in my opinion. That said the results are not conclusive~

He was "fascinating". He was also a very, very poor choice for "hero" in my book, but opinions may differ.


The Thomas Jefferson Foundation:

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: A Brief Account

The claim that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with Sally Hemings, a slave at Monticello, entered the public arena during Jefferson's first term as president, and it has remained a subject of discussion and disagreement for two centuries. Based on documentary, scientific, statistical, and oral history evidence, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation (TJF) Research Committee Report on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings (January 2000) remains the most comprehensive analysis of this historical topic. Ten years later, TJF and most historians believe that, years after his wife’s death, Thomas Jefferson was the father of the six children of Sally Hemings mentioned in Jefferson's records, including Beverly, Harriet, Madison, and Eston Hemings.

. . .

Shortly after the DNA test results were released in November 1998, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation formed a research committee consisting of nine members of the foundation staff, including four with Ph.D.s. In January 2000, the committee reported that the weight of all known evidence--from the DNA study, original documents, written and oral historical accounts, and statistical data--indicated a high probability that Thomas Jefferson was the father of Eston Hemings, and that he was likely the father of all six of Sally Hemings's children listed in Monticello records--Harriet (born 1795; died in infancy); Beverly (born 1798); an unnamed daughter (born 1799; died in infancy); Harriet (born 1801); Madison (born 1805); and Eston (born 1808).

Since then, a committee commissioned by the Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society, after reviewing essentially the same material, reached different conclusions, namely that Sally Hemings was only a minor figure in Thomas Jefferson's life and that it is very unlikely he fathered any of her children. This committee also suggested in its report, issued in April 2001 and revised in 2011, that Jefferson's younger brother Randolph (1755-1815) was more likely the father of at least some of Sally Hemings's children.

http://www.monticello.org/site/plant...-brief-account



The real bottom line is that it's far and away most likely that Jefferson fathered Hemings children. That simple explanation is rejected by those who primarily need to perform the contortions necessary to refute it because they believe it undermines Jefferson's legacy.
__________________
"I love signature blocks on the Internet. I get to put whatever the hell I want in quotes, pick a pretend author, and bang, it's like he really said it." George Washington
Posts: 32,918
Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #84
Amnorix Amnorix is online now
In BB I trust
 
Amnorix's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Boston, Mass.
Casino cash: $212378
I'm assuming the OP is some weird attempt at comedy. Nobody actually believes any of that tripe, right?
__________________
"I love signature blocks on the Internet. I get to put whatever the hell I want in quotes, pick a pretend author, and bang, it's like he really said it." George Washington
Posts: 32,918
Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #85
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $1128670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
The real bottom line is that it's far and away most likely that Jefferson fathered Hemings children. That simple explanation is rejected by those who primarily need to perform the contortions necessary to refute it because they believe it undermines Jefferson's legacy.
I found that last sentence funny because, to me, the situation exemplifies his legacy. He was a complicated and fascinating man. I would say he was brilliant but certainly capable of both great good and great evil. As are we all.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 27,788
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #86
Amnorix Amnorix is online now
In BB I trust
 
Amnorix's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Boston, Mass.
Casino cash: $212378
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I found that last sentence funny because, to me, the situation exemplifies his legacy. He was a complicated and fascinating man. I would say he was brilliant but certainly capable of both great good and great evil. As are we all.

He was brilliant. He also, IMHO, committed treason, but I'm not going to go on and on about him.

American Sphinx is a well named book for him, let's leave it there...
__________________
"I love signature blocks on the Internet. I get to put whatever the hell I want in quotes, pick a pretend author, and bang, it's like he really said it." George Washington
Posts: 32,918
Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #87
OrtonsPiercedTaint OrtonsPiercedTaint is offline
Veteran
 
OrtonsPiercedTaint's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Casino cash: $28424
We do become our fathers
Posts: 3,543
OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #88
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $166198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
I'm assuming the OP is some weird attempt at comedy. Nobody actually believes any of that tripe, right?
I've actually heard this in personal conversation years before. I think the theory at that point was to discredit Obama's status as being the potential first black president. Kind of stupid.
Posts: 29,296
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #89
Amnorix Amnorix is online now
In BB I trust
 
Amnorix's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Boston, Mass.
Casino cash: $212378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Bull View Post
I've actually heard this in personal conversation years before. I think the theory at that point was to discredit Obama's status as being the potential first black president. Kind of stupid.

Right, I guess. Actually, what I mean to say is that I have no idea why anyone would think it remotely important to discredit his status as the first black President, or why anyone would seriously believe he isn't.

I imagine when we first elect a female President we'll start hearing that Millard Fillmore had tits...
__________________
"I love signature blocks on the Internet. I get to put whatever the hell I want in quotes, pick a pretend author, and bang, it's like he really said it." George Washington
Posts: 32,918
Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #90
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
He was "fascinating". He was also a very, very poor choice for "hero" in my book, but opinions may differ.


The Thomas Jefferson Foundation:

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: A Brief Account

The claim that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with Sally Hemings, a slave at Monticello, entered the public arena during Jefferson's first term as president, and it has remained a subject of discussion and disagreement for two centuries. Based on documentary, scientific, statistical, and oral history evidence, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation (TJF) Research Committee Report on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings (January 2000) remains the most comprehensive analysis of this historical topic. Ten years later, TJF and most historians believe that, years after his wife’s death, Thomas Jefferson was the father of the six children of Sally Hemings mentioned in Jefferson's records, including Beverly, Harriet, Madison, and Eston Hemings.

. . .

Shortly after the DNA test results were released in November 1998, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation formed a research committee consisting of nine members of the foundation staff, including four with Ph.D.s. In January 2000, the committee reported that the weight of all known evidence--from the DNA study, original documents, written and oral historical accounts, and statistical data--indicated a high probability that Thomas Jefferson was the father of Eston Hemings, and that he was likely the father of all six of Sally Hemings's children listed in Monticello records--Harriet (born 1795; died in infancy); Beverly (born 1798); an unnamed daughter (born 1799; died in infancy); Harriet (born 1801); Madison (born 1805); and Eston (born 1808).

Since then, a committee commissioned by the Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society, after reviewing essentially the same material, reached different conclusions, namely that Sally Hemings was only a minor figure in Thomas Jefferson's life and that it is very unlikely he fathered any of her children. This committee also suggested in its report, issued in April 2001 and revised in 2011, that Jefferson's younger brother Randolph (1755-1815) was more likely the father of at least some of Sally Hemings's children.

http://www.monticello.org/site/plant...-brief-account



The real bottom line is that it's far and away most likely that Jefferson fathered Hemings children. That simple explanation is rejected by those who primarily need to perform the contortions necessary to refute it because they believe it undermines Jefferson's legacy.
I am pretty sure he was the father. It is rather easy to reflect back and be harsh in judgment. That said holding that standard reflects poorly on the majority of our founding fathers. Taking it a step further that standard reflects poorly on our leaders up to the 60s. If you are interested Christopher Hitchens speaks about Jefferson in the following clip:

http://youtu.be/VR9Zng_9tiY
__________________

"If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.