Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 08:20 AM  
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Covert Agents Infiltrate the net to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...-manipulation/

I tried copy/pasta but the article is long, difficult to to embed all images/links of which there are many.

Here is a TL;DR:
Quote:
Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable.
Mind blowing article with so many implications. Unfortunately this gives more credibility to people calling "shill" with everyone they disagree with. But it turns out that there are such agents actively manipulating opinions in online forums. The slides he shows even mentions some of their tactics such as using: confirmation bias, disinfo, slander, anchoring, priming, social penetration theory, attention control, etc.
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #106
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Wow, okay. No where do those slides say or even intimate that that is what is actually happening, but you are fine with accepting that it is.

And I know why: because you WANT to believe it is happening.
sounds like you WANT to believe that it is not happening. Once again, if you dont believe what Greenwald is stating as fact, than you can take it up with him. There are a number of ways to contact him including his comments section of the article, twitter, and other mediams of communication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
I find it interesting to know who the lunatics are. You've outed yourself as one, as well as a spineless hypocrite.
You think I am a lunatic for wanting to make an informed decision? I think you just want to discredit me, and thus are accusing of mental illness. That is a form of propoganda and spurious debating technique. poor form.
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #107
Donger Donger is offline
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675 N 106.475 W
Casino cash: $671
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
sounds like you WANT to believe that it is not happening. Once again, if you dont believe what Greenwald is stating as fact, than you can take it up with him. There are a number of ways to contact him including his comments section of the article, twitter, and other mediams of communication.
YOU also stated that it was happening. You stated that you KNOW it is happening based on the slides.

You are wrong. You don't know.
__________________
I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down," verbally, don't you?
Posts: 78,218
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #108
Sorter Sorter is online now
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Casino cash: $13741
If the U.S. was capable of performing a terror plan such as 9-11, why would anyone believe the validity of an "unclassified" report?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Alex Smith is awful.... there, I said it
Posts: 16,195
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #109
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $22603
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
You think I am a lunatic for wanting to make an informed decision? I think you just want to discredit me, and thus are accusing of mental illness. That is a form of propoganda and spurious debating technique. poor form.
I think you're a lunatic because from the info I've gathered through your posts, I think you believe there was govt involvement in 9/11.

You're spineless for not admitting it.

And you're a hypocrite because you're ok with making other determinations based on incomplete information.
Posts: 20,543
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #110
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
If the U.S. was capable of performing a terror plan such as 9-11,
who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
why would anyone believe the validity of an "unclassified" report?
some people are fully trusting without getting all the information. Those same people likely trusted the "original story" regarding the Gulf of Tokin incident, and those same people would have likely trusted the governments assertion that military secrets would be revealed in United States vs Reynolds in 1952.
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #111
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
I think you're a lunatic because from the info I've gathered through your posts, I think you believe there was govt involvement in 9/11.
where did I say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
You're spineless for not admitting it.

And you're a hypocrite because you're ok with making other determinations based on incomplete information.
back to name calling to try to discredit because you cant argue based on the facts.
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #112
Sorter Sorter is online now
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Casino cash: $13741
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
who said that?



some people are fully trusting without getting all the information. Those same people likely trusted the "original story" regarding the Gulf of Tokin incident, and those same people would have likely trusted the governments assertion that military secrets would be revealed in United States vs Reynolds in 1952.
.


So why exactly would you be inclined to believe an
Quote:
unclassified
report?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Alex Smith is awful.... there, I said it
Posts: 16,195
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #113
LiveSteam LiveSteam is offline
All aboard the crazy train
 
LiveSteam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: homeof43conferencetitles
Casino cash: $11162
Check out this cool Youtube video that got 4 Americans killed in Benghazi
Posts: 17,380
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #114
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $22603
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
where did I say that?



back to name calling to try to discredit because you cant argue based on the facts.
I admitted--it is based on my opinion of your statements + your dodging of the question.

I'm not name calling in an attempt to discredit you. I'm simply describing how you are acting. No, I can't argue based on facts--you won't concede that there are any facts.
Posts: 20,543
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #115
Donger Donger is offline
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675 N 106.475 W
Casino cash: $671
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
If the U.S. was capable of performing a terror plan such as 9-11, why would anyone believe the validity of an "unclassified" report?
They wouldn't. The conspiracy nuts are NEVER satisfied, because that is their MO.

Look at the LRO images of the Apollo landing sites.
__________________
I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down," verbally, don't you?
Posts: 78,218
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #116
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald



http://http://digbysblog.blogspot.co...larmed-by.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
I notice that people are complaining about Glenn Greenwald's latest piece about the spy agencies' rat****ing operations because of its "tone" and I realize that it's time to remind people of this little episode in case anyone's gotten it into their heads that this is just some paranoid conspiracy theory:
How Spy Agency Contractors Have Already Abused Their Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Two years ago, a batch of stolen e-mails revealed a plot by a set of three defense contractors (Palantir Technologies, Berico Technologies and HBGary Federal) to target activists, reporters, labor unions and political organizations. The plans— one concocted in concert with lawyers for the US Chamber of Commerce to sabotage left-leaning critics, like the Center for American Progress and the SEIU, and a separate proposal to “combat” WikiLeaks and its supporters, including Glenn Greenwald, on behalf of Bank of America— fell apart after reports of their existence were published online. But the episode serves as a reminder that the expanding spy industry could use its government-backed cybertools to harm ordinary Americans and political dissident groups.

Last edited by planetdoc; 02-25-2014 at 10:24 PM..
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #117
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
So why exactly would you be inclined to believe an report?
In order to make an INFORMED decision, one must have all the facts. I dont know if a fully unclassified 9-11 report has all the facts. It likely has all the facts that they have. Senator Bob Graham suggests that the FBI did not do a thorough report. In any case, its more information than I currently have and will allow me to make a MORE informed decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
I admitted--it is based on my opinion of your statements + your dodging of the question.
I think I've answered every question in this thread, and numerous repetitive questions about 9-11. what question have I dodged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
No, I can't argue based on facts--you won't concede that there are any facts.
That is not accurate. Where have i stated there are not any facts? you are misrepresenting my position which is a propaganda technique and a spurious debating technique. that is poor form.
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #118
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald

Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #119
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $22603
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
In order to make an INFORMED decision, one must have all the facts. I dont know if a fully unclassified 9-11 report has all the facts. It likely has all the facts that they have. Senator Bob Graham suggests that the FBI did not do a thorough report. In any case, its more information than I currently have and will allow me to make a MORE informed decision.

I think I've answered every question in this thread, and numerous repetitive questions about 9-11. what question have I dodged?

That is not accurate. Where have i stated there are not any facts? you are misrepresenting my position which is a propaganda technique and a spurious debating technique. that is poor form.
I asked: Based on what you know--what do you think?

I'm not sure that there's many topics where someone has every last fact, verified to 100% certainty. Hell, we execute people based on "beyond a reasonable doubt." We don't require 100% certainty to kill someone! You can't even generate the courage to express an opinion.
Posts: 20,543
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #120
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
this is getting repetitive, and badgering. IMO, you are asking the same questions repetitively in a slightly different manner. that is poor form.

I am waiting in regards to 9-11 because congressman have stated that the american people are not getting vital info necessary to get a full understanding of what happened. That vital info is classified.

I cannot make an informed decision if I am not fully informed. Congresmman have stated that the american people are not fully informed.



Plausible for the US government as a whole? No. The total federal employment in 2012 was at least 4,312,000 people.

Although there were over 130,000 americans who participated in the Manhattan project and kept it secret till a bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, I dont think it is plausible for something like 9-11 to be kept secret in such large scale.

The 9-11 report did state that their was a failure of intelligence, and that some of the hijackers were identified by some US officials prior to 9-11.

Plausible that some US individuals (such as citizens) either participated in the 9/11 attacks or allowed them to happen? Its possible. The USA is a country of over 300 million. If its possible for 19 hijackers to carry out the attack, then its theoretically possible that some US individuals conspired. I dont have proof one way or the other.

I would like the 9-11 report to be completely unclassified so that I can gain vital information needed to come to a better understanding of what happened.
I'm sorry you feel badgered, but I disagree that my questions are overly repetitive or poor form.

You seem to take inconsistent positions when on the one hand you refuse to draw conclusions on the 9/11 attacks because you don't have full information but on the other hand you believe something nefarious has been proven on the government surveillance and government propaganda fronts despite an obvious lack of full information. That apparent inconsistency encourages questions.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:09 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.