Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 08:20 AM  
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Covert Agents Infiltrate the net to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...-manipulation/

I tried copy/pasta but the article is long, difficult to to embed all images/links of which there are many.

Here is a TL;DR:
Quote:
Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable.
Mind blowing article with so many implications. Unfortunately this gives more credibility to people calling "shill" with everyone they disagree with. But it turns out that there are such agents actively manipulating opinions in online forums. The slides he shows even mentions some of their tactics such as using: confirmation bias, disinfo, slander, anchoring, priming, social penetration theory, attention control, etc.
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #121
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
I asked: Based on what you know--what do you think?

I'm not sure that there's many topics where someone has every last fact, verified to 100% certainty. Hell, we execute people based on "beyond a reasonable doubt." We don't require 100% certainty to kill someone! You can't even generate the courage to express an opinion.
I answered the question and expressed an opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
It would be sickening and enraging for the US government to carry out an attack against the American people such as 9-11. I hope that is not the case. It would be something I wouldnt want to believe. My "gut" will be tainted by those hopes.
and
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=102

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I'm sorry you feel badgered, but I disagree that my questions are overly repetitive or poor form.
ok. noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
You seem to take inconsistent positions when on the one hand you refuse to draw conclusions on the 9/11 attacks because you don't have full information
I refuse to draw a conclusion because congressman state vital info is being kept from the public regarding 9-11.

To me its like telling a patient they have an illness (such as cancer), and leaving out the details (such as type, stage, etc). They would be unable to make an informed decision regarding treatment. It would be malpractice to require them to do so with such limited info.

Why should I make a conclusion based on information that congressman have stated is limited and without vital information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
but on the other hand you believe something nefarious has been proven on the government surveillance and government propaganda fronts despite an obvious lack of full information.
the government is welcome to share information refuting Glen Greenwald's claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
That apparent inconsistency encourages questions.
I can see why you feel that way. I apologize for stating that your line of questioning is poor form.
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #122
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $22903
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
I answered the question and expressed an opinion
That you "hope" the govt was not involved is not an opinion.

Hypocrital wuss.
Posts: 20,588
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #123
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
Senator Bob Graham suggests that the FBI did not do a thorough report.
Interesting this article was published very recently.
http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...=all#pagebreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
In a revelation missing from the official investigations of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the FBI placed a human source in direct contact with Osama bin Laden in 1993 and ascertained that the al Qaeda leader was looking to finance terrorist attacks in the United States, according to court testimony in a little-noticed employment dispute case.

Members of the Sept. 11 commission, congressional intelligence committees and terrorism analysts told The Times they are floored that the information is just now emerging publicly and that it raises questions about what else Americans might not have been told about the origins of al Qaeda and its early interest in attacking the United States.

“I think it raises a lot of questions about why that information didn’t become public and why the 9/11 Commission or the congressional intelligence committees weren’t told about it,” said former Rep. Peter Hoekstra, Michigan Republican, who chaired the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence from 2004 through 2007 when lawmakers dealt with the fallout from the 9/11 Commission’s official report.

Former Rep. Lee Hamilton, an Indiana Democrat who co-chaired the 9/11 Commission with former New Jersey Gov. Thomas Kean, said that as far as he can remember, the FBI never told the commission that it had been working a source so close to bin Laden that many years before 9/11.

“I do not recall the FBI advising us of a direct contact with Osama bin Laden,” Mr. Hamilton told The Times in a recent interview.

Exactly how the information was omitted from the various congressional reviews and the 9/11 Commission report is a mystery.
So it sounds like the government had a person on the inside informing the FBI about OBL's plans but due to the thousands of threats that the US had it didn't believe OBL was capable of pulling off such an attack and it wasn't considered a top priority.

not only that, but here is what happend to the agent running the mole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Mr. Youssef remains with the bureau, overseeing its telephone intercept analysis unit, and he won an appeals court ruling a few years ago to pursue a discrimination lawsuit against the bureau. That ruling was handed down after FBI supervisors were forced to admit he was blocked from his job as one of the bureau’s top terrorism fighters because he was mistaken for an Arab Muslim whose loyalties should be questioned after Sept. 11. In fact, Mr. Youssef was a highly decorated agent and a Coptic Christian.
That's great. Let's marginalize and discriminate the very asset that was right. Gee. We really don't need people like him in the FBI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
There still isn't any proof that government is participating in massive domestic surveillance, unless by surveillance you mean data warehousing for potential warrant-enabled access in the future.
recently filed lawsuit about that. This person might actually be able to prove standing, and the government will likely again claim "state secrets", but it may not work.

"DHS uses email intercepts to question U.S. citizen about her sex life"
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #124
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
recently filed lawsuit about that. This person might actually be able to prove standing, and the government will likely again claim "state secrets", but it may not work.

"DHS uses email intercepts to question U.S. citizen about her sex life"
Even if we accept the facts as described in that article for the sake of argument, the idea that there might be improper, warrant-less surveillance involved is speculative. I see no reason to believe that's likely to be the case, but let me know if it ends up turning up any compelling evidence.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #125
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Casino cash: $13861
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
In order to make an INFORMED decision, one must have all the facts. I dont know if a fully unclassified 9-11 report has all the facts. It likely has all the facts that they have.
Who exactly are they?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Alex Smith is awful.... there, I said it
Posts: 16,202
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #126
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $17393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
Who exactly are they?
Cancer lovers
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 18,906
KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #127
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
Who exactly are they?
9-11 commission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
Cancer lovers
no
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #128
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $17393
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
9-11 commission.



no
You are dumb.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 18,906
KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #129
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $22903
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
In order to make an INFORMED decision, one must have all the facts. I dont know if a fully unclassified 9-11 report has all the facts. It likely has all the facts that they have. Senator Bob Graham suggests that the FBI did not do a thorough report. In any case, its more information than I currently have and will allow me to make a MORE informed decision.
You realize you've set a standard where you can never form an opinion on anything? Since you really can never be sure that there aren't more facts out there, somewhere, you can never have an opinion. Maybe the weakest cop-out I've ever seen.

And you're a doctor? Do you diagnose people? Suggest treatment? How do you ever decide anything?
Posts: 20,588
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #130
Cochise Cochise is offline
Legend
 
Cochise's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Casino cash: $20073
To you long-time and trusted DC-ers, should I bother reading this?
Posts: 43,900
Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #131
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
You are dumb.
you are now ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
You realize you've set a standard where you can never form an opinion on anything?
not true. I want to see the fully unclassified 9-11 report from the 9-11 commission. I also acknowledge the 9-11 commission may not have all the facts about 9-11. They have even aknowledged that recently. I realize it will be impossible to have all the facts regarding the event, but I am willing to wait to see the "vital information" that congressman have stated is being with held from the public.

BTW, based on what I have read it seems the 28 classified pages of the 9-11 report have to do with the involvement of prominent Saudis in 9-11.

It appears like you are purposefully ignoring those legimit concerns voiced by myself as well as US congressman, and the recent revelations that the 9-11 commission didnt get all the info from the FBI regarding what they new about Al-qaeda.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
Since you really can never be sure that there aren't more facts out there, somewhere, you can never have an opinion. Maybe the weakest cop-out I've ever seen.
not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
And you're a doctor?
I prefer the term physician. Doctor is non descript since that now essentially counts for phd, jd, pharmd, doctor of optometry, etc.

edit: I've put you on ignore now as well. Based on your responses in this thread it appears as if you arent interested in a meaningful discussion and just interested in name-calling, etc. Its not worth my time.

Last edited by planetdoc; 02-26-2014 at 08:50 PM..
Posts: 1,994
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #132
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $22903
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
you are now ignored.



not true. I want to see the fully unclassified 9-11 report from the 9-11 commission. I also acknowledge the 9-11 commission may not have all the facts about 9-11. They have even aknowledged that recently. I realize it will be impossible to have all the facts regarding the event, but I am willing to wait to see the "vital information" that congressman have stated is being with held from the public.

BTW, based on what I have read it seems the 28 classified pages of the 9-11 report have to do with the involvement of prominent Saudis in 9-11.

It appears like you are purposefully ignoring those legimit concerns voiced by myself as well as US congressman, and the recent revelations that the 9-11 commission didnt get all the info from the FBI regarding what they new about Al-qaeda.




not true.



I prefer the term physician. Doctor is non descript since that now essentially counts for phd, jd, pharmd, doctor of optometry, etc.

edit: I've put you on ignore now as well. Based on your responses in this thread it appears as if you arent interested in a meaningful discussion and just interested in name-calling, etc. Its not worth my time.
The doc purposefully puts head in the sand. What a surprise.

Someone will have to quote this for the doc to see me calling him a spineless joke one last time.
Posts: 20,588
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #133
LiveSteam LiveSteam is offline
All aboard the crazy train
 
LiveSteam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: homeof43conferencetitles
Casino cash: $11287
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
The doc purposefully puts head in the sand. What a surprise.

Someone will have to quote this for the doc to see me calling him a spineless joke one last time.
Posts: 17,390
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #134
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $10437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
To you long-time and trusted DC-ers, should I bother reading this?
Iíll put it to you this way, I rarely read more than the last page and I only made it to your post in this one before giving up.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,896
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.