Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 01:37 PM  
NIUhuskies NIUhuskies is offline
Starter
 
NIUhuskies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Casino cash: $34662
Remember this: Monday Night Meltdown, Nov.16, 1998

I randomly came across this today, just reminds me of how badly I want to punch Shannon Sharpe in the face. Only Bronco is history who's face actually looks like a Bronco.

5. Monday Night Meltdown, Nov.16, 1998

The Broncos were cruising toward an easy 30-7 victory in Kansas City when Derrick Thomas, the late linebacker, was the culprit in one of the most infamous implosions in "MNF" history. Five times in Denver's final touchdown drive the Chiefs drew personal foul penalties, three of them by Thomas, each one blatant and intentional and each, if you believe him, inspired by Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe. Sharpe said he had memorized the phone number of Thomas' girlfriend, and that he was reciting it number by number across the line of scrimmage. "I knew at that particular time, at that stage of the game, I could say some things to him and it would bother him," Sharpe said. Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt declared his organization "disgraced," head coach Marty Schottenheimer was reduced to tears, and Thomas was suspended for the next game.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_n10010183
Posts: 672
NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
Boon Boon is offline
a.k.a. Lenny
 
Boon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Smack dab in the middle
Casino cash: $30710
Shannon seems to be weeping in the photo above?
Did his mare leave him?
Posts: 1,670
Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #17
wazu wazu is offline
...
 
wazu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2002
Casino cash: $1011218
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIUhuskies View Post
I randomly came across this today, just reminds me of how badly I want to punch Shannon Sharpe in the face. Only Bronco is history who's face actually looks like a Bronco.

5. Monday Night Meltdown, Nov.16, 1998

The Broncos were cruising toward an easy 30-7 victory in Kansas City when Derrick Thomas, the late linebacker, was the culprit in one of the most infamous implosions in "MNF" history. Five times in Denver's final touchdown drive the Chiefs drew personal foul penalties, three of them by Thomas, each one blatant and intentional and each, if you believe him, inspired by Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe. Sharpe said he had memorized the phone number of Thomas' girlfriend, and that he was reciting it number by number across the line of scrimmage. "I knew at that particular time, at that stage of the game, I could say some things to him and it would bother him," Sharpe said. Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt declared his organization "disgraced," head coach Marty Schottenheimer was reduced to tears, and Thomas was suspended for the next game.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_n10010183
Why the hell would you bring up something like this? Just felt like giving everybody on Chiefsplanet a random drive-by kick in the balls?
Posts: 11,921
wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:03 PM   #18
NIUhuskies NIUhuskies is offline
Starter
 
NIUhuskies's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Casino cash: $34662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Why the hell would you bring up something like this? Just felt like giving everybody on Chiefsplanet a random drive-by kick in the balls?
sorry dude, wasnt meant as a kick in the balls, just more of a reason to hate shannon sharpe
__________________

Cry Donkey Cry!!!
Posts: 672
NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
Moobs Moobs is offline
Starter
 
Moobs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Casino cash: $7712
He should have recited all of DT's 49843653 kids names.

Actually that probably just would have confused him.
Posts: 254
Moobs has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #20
wazu wazu is offline
...
 
wazu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2002
Casino cash: $1011218
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIUhuskies View Post
sorry dude, wasnt meant as a kick in the balls, just more of a reason to hate shannon sharpe
Okay. Maybe I'm being a dick about it. It's just that the mere mention of this game makes me want to punch something. It's been over 10 years, so I should probably let it go. ****ing Broncos.
Posts: 11,921
wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.wazu Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #21
Denver Dave Denver Dave is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Casino cash: $2025
The only time I could ever remember when Denver went to Arrowhead and actually dominated the game from the 1st quarter to the end of the game. That never happens.

I don't know if it was Sharpe reciting DT's girlfriend phone number that set him off. It was never confirmed, but one media guy reported that Sharpe made a crack at Thomas' late father.
Posts: 161
Denver Dave is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Denver Dave is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #22
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $10855213
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefDave View Post
Wayne Simmons was cut the next day. He's dead now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,025
Sure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #23
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $120286299
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I kept hoping he'd twist Sharpe's head off.

I still wish somebody would twist Sharpe's head off.
Me too.

I paid $100 for a ticket to that game.
Posts: 54,582
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #24
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
Barrel Man - RIP
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $81754
I recall this fondly... ranks 2nd behind the "Call the National Guard, we are KILLING the Patriots.."

Funny. And, in reality... players say worse things than reciting a girlfriends number every Sunday. Part of getting in the other team's head is part of the drill. Players on every team do it, every week. KC fans hate this because (a) It's Sharpe, (b) DT lost his cool, (c) KC lost and (d) It's Sharpe.

__________________

Posts: 19,647
Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #25
EyePod EyePod is offline
Yuck.
 
EyePod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Casino cash: $1018148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon View Post
Shannon seems to be weeping in the photo above?
Did his mare leave him?
It was a joke on whatever show they did. It was actually pretty funny at the time.
Posts: 5,469
EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.EyePod is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #26
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $120286299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
KC fans hate this because (a) It's Sharpe, (b) DT lost his cool, (c) KC lost and (d) It's Sharpe.
Well... yeah.
Posts: 54,582
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #27
Guru Guru is offline
Supporter
 
Guru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Middle of the USA
Casino cash: $55119659
Remember it? Hell, I was there. Embarrassing.
__________________
Same as it ever was.
Posts: 52,753
Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #28
NoFranchiseQB NoFranchiseQB is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Casino cash: $530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dave View Post
The only time I could ever remember when Denver went to Arrowhead and actually dominated the game from the 1st quarter to the end of the game. That never happens.
This comment from this thread stood out as relevant to me for two reasons:

First of all because of the manner in which Denver's running game thoroughly dominated a good Chiefs defense in the first game this year (2011), and that the game was at Arrowhead, and not in Denver.

Secondly, because of how eerily similar Denver's Von Miller is to the pass rusher that DT was, even more so that Von Miller honors DT by wearing his number. Seeing "58" play for the Broncos instead of the Chiefs is startling.

Denver ran 55 times against the Chiefs, out of a total of 63 offensive plays. Denver completed only two passes. Denver averaged 4.4 yards per carry on a night where they seemingly ran the ball every down, and the Chiefs knew it was coming EVERY down.
244 yards rushing. That's more embarrassing, in my book, than a couple (or five) deliberate personal fouls that essentially gave Denver a game on their final drive. I think we should revisit where that game stands in our memories. Denver is a bitter bitter rival for all Chiefs fans. They ran through the Chiefs defense, when they KNEW a running play was coming, and did it all game long.

Folks, the date to live in infamy is Nov 13, 2011.

244 yards rushing
4.4 avg
Only two productive non-rushing plays

The only thing that could make it worse if McDaniels now comes in and did to KC what he did to Denver.
Posts: 1
NoFranchiseQB is disappoint.NoFranchiseQB is disappoint.NoFranchiseQB is disappoint.NoFranchiseQB is disappoint.NoFranchiseQB is disappoint.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #29
Chocolate Hog Chocolate Hog is offline
Winner
 
Chocolate Hog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My house
Casino cash: $2014224
a lot of people love DT but he was a shitty human.
Posts: 33,995
Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chocolate Hog 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #30
Chiefspants Chiefspants is offline
Good as New
 
Chiefspants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Casino cash: $979590
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFranchiseQB View Post
This comment from this thread stood out as relevant to me for two reasons:

First of all because of the manner in which Denver's running game thoroughly dominated a good Chiefs defense in the first game this year (2011), and that the game was at Arrowhead, and not in Denver.

Secondly, because of how eerily similar Denver's Von Miller is to the pass rusher that DT was, even more so that Von Miller honors DT by wearing his number. Seeing "58" play for the Broncos instead of the Chiefs is startling.

Denver ran 55 times against the Chiefs, out of a total of 63 offensive plays. Denver completed only two passes. Denver averaged 4.4 yards per carry on a night where they seemingly ran the ball every down, and the Chiefs knew it was coming EVERY down.
244 yards rushing. That's more embarrassing, in my book, than a couple (or five) deliberate personal fouls that essentially gave Denver a game on their final drive. I think we should revisit where that game stands in our memories. Denver is a bitter bitter rival for all Chiefs fans. They ran through the Chiefs defense, when they KNEW a running play was coming, and did it all game long.

Folks, the date to live in infamy is Nov 13, 2011.

244 yards rushing
4.4 avg
Only two productive non-rushing plays

The only thing that could make it worse if McDaniels now comes in and did to KC what he did to Denver.
This argument is invalid for one simple reason,

This game ended Matt Cassel's season and potentially his time here as a Kansas City Chief.
Posts: 4,759
Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.