Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge > Media Center

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM  
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $36445
Movies

Yeah, so I saw a lot of movies this weekend.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age - Mediocre, at best. Slow and dragged on. Shorten it to 2 hours and it's golden. It's not, so it fails.

Michael Clayton - Amazing. Everything about it is awesome. However, it's VERY complex and mind bending. You have to think, so be prepared. I still feel like I'm missing key details of exactly what happened. Gotta see it again.

Across the Universe - Perfect is one word that comes to mind. It just works. And, contrary to many people I bet, the movie is best viewed sober. Trust me.
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #2941
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $10855268
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Is that out today? I'll have to rent it.
Yes it was released today, and you should. Make sure to rent the Directors Cut, about 28 more min.(not sure if all dvds released are dc or not)
Posts: 40,026
Sure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
 
Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #2942
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Yes it was released today, and you should. Make sure to rent the Directors Cut, about 28 more min.(not sure if all dvds released are dc or not)
I'll try to get to Blockbuster before they run out of blu-rays.
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 07-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #2943
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $10855268
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I'll try to get to Blockbuster before they run out of blu-rays.
Rent it on BR or not at all, it will look and sound sweet!
Posts: 40,026
Sure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSure-Oz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
 
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #2944
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Rent it on BR or not at all, it will look and sound sweet!
One question - I've never read the comic book/graphic novel/whatever you call it. Many of the negative reviews said the movie would be very hard to follow for people not familiar with the source material. Do you think that will be the case?
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 07-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #2945
Reaper16 Reaper16 is online now
Best in the World
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Better Than You
Casino cash: $990312
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
One question - I've never read the comic book/graphic novel/whatever you call it. Many of the negative reviews said the movie would be very hard to follow for people not familiar with the source material. Do you think that will be the case?
No, I don't think so. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit () but I think you'll grasp it. It may seem slow at first, but rest assured that everything will makes sense eventually.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,252
Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #2946
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
No, I don't think so. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit () but I think you'll grasp it. It may seem slow at first, but rest assured that everything will makes sense eventually.
Okay, I'll give it a shot.

I was mainly wondering if this is something cool enough that I should just go ahead and buy it.
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 07-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #2947
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 
Billards Champion Yeti Sports 1 - Pingu Throw Champion
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $132752534
Oh yeah that Watchmen comes out today.

Read the novel, awesome. Still haven't seen the movie.
Posts: 41,917
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #2948
Raised On Riots Raised On Riots is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MS 2379yds / MC 2705yds
Casino cash: $67277
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding View Post
Oh yeah that Watchmen comes out today.

Read the novel, awesome. Still haven't seen the movie.
It seems like Watchmen would be better as a book than a movie.
Posts: 14,047
Raised On Riots is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Raised On Riots is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #2949
Reaper16 Reaper16 is online now
Best in the World
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Better Than You
Casino cash: $990312
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Okay, I'll give it a shot.

I was mainly wondering if this is something cool enough that I should just go ahead and buy it.
I think that its the best comic book/superhero movie ever made.

Even then, it doesn't hold a candle to the graphic novel. The graphic novel is nothing short of the greatest artistic achievement that the entire comics industry has ever produced
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,252
Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #2950
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 
Billards Champion Yeti Sports 1 - Pingu Throw Champion
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $132752534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raised On Riots View Post
It seems like Watchmen would be better as a book than a movie.
Haven't seen the movie, but I can almost guarantee you the Novel is 100x better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I think that its the best comic book/superhero movie ever made.

Even then, it doesn't hold a candle to the graphic novel. The graphic novel is nothing short of the greatest artistic achievement that the entire comics industry has ever produced
This.
Posts: 41,917
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #2951
Raised On Riots Raised On Riots is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MS 2379yds / MC 2705yds
Casino cash: $67277
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding View Post
Haven't seen the movie, but I can almost guarantee you the Novel is 100x better.



This.
It wasn't a GN, rather a series, but I've always felt "Martha Washington Goes To War" would make one AWESOME movie.
Posts: 14,047
Raised On Riots is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Raised On Riots is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #2952
Reaper16 Reaper16 is online now
Best in the World
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Better Than You
Casino cash: $990312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raised On Riots View Post
It wasn't a GN, rather a series, but I've always felt "Martha Washington Goes To War" would make one AWESOME movie.
I don't think that the original distribution matters. Many of Charles Dickens' novels (for just one example) were distributed serially by chapter to a magazine before being compiled into one, complete book. They are still novels.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,252
Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #2953
Miles Miles is offline
MVP
 
Miles's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Casino cash: $3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Have either of you (or anyone else) seen the British mini-series based on Gaiman's "Neverwhere"? I have it, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I don't know how it can do justice to the book and I'm afraid it's going to be a kind of hokey. I'm sure it's pretty low budget.
The production values were pretty sketchy but I thought it was still worth watching if you can get past the look. I think the screenplay for the mini series came first and it is mostly the same as the novel but lacked some of the details.
Posts: 12,203
Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #2954
Fairplay Fairplay is offline
MVP
 
Fairplay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: state of mind
Casino cash: $1005030122
As a general rule i don't get into to comic book movies. So i won't buy it outright until i rent it first.
Posts: 17,227
Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Fairplay has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
 
Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #2955
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Well, I got the last blu-ray Watchmen that Blockbuster had. I'll either watch it later tonight or tomorrow.
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.