Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 01:42 PM  
Thig Lyfe Thig Lyfe is offline
Banned
 
Thig Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thigpen's America
Casino cash: $539387
Cassel did, does, and will always suck

I had backed off on my Cassel hate in the second half of the season because he actually started to play with a modicum of competence. But I never stopped being wary of him, because he was playing well against shitty, shitty ****ing teams.

But today is proof positive that Cassel is NOT the answer. He will NOT be a franchise quarterback. He simply doesn't have the ability or the intelligence that is required. He never really progressed this season; he just managed to not shit himself against the NFC West.

Can we all just agree that he's not the answer? Please?
Posts: 25,677
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #331
Thig Lyfe Thig Lyfe is offline
Banned
 
Thig Lyfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thigpen's America
Casino cash: $539387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
I'm not claiming that he's any of them. I'm noting that those players had playoff stinkers, too.


How dense are you on this topic to be missing something that obvious?
I'm not missing anything. I know exactly what stupid-ass fallacious argument you're trying to make. The fact that those players had playoff stinkers has NO BEARING on the fact that Cassel's particular playoff stinker is a major symptom of Cassel-is-not-the-answer-itis.
Posts: 25,677
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #332
Pioli Zombie Pioli Zombie is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: olathe,kansas
Casino cash: $51750
Using this logic the Chiefs should do some research on which qbs have had the shittiest playoff games that are similar to the worst games Montana had and then trade for that guy. Your Chiefs starting QB in 2011: Jake Delhomme!!!!!!!
Posts: 11,077
Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pioli Zombie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #333
jspchief jspchief is offline
BAMF
 
jspchief's Avatar
 
501 Darts Version 2 Champion
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Your Face
Casino cash: $59769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
Got any more red herrings?
It's not a red herring. The simple fact is ever since high school the guy has shown himself capable enough to be kept around, but not start. That's what the guy is. That's what this season was... a 16 game version of exactly what you'd want from your backup QB.

You're trying to use guys like Manning and Montana as examples of how a QB progresses in the NFL, while ignoring there were a lot of chapters written before the NFL that earned those guys some grace period.

Could Cassel be the next Warner? Yes. We could also get the next Tom Brady in the 6th round of the 2011 draft. But the odds of either of those happening is low. Combine that with the fact that Cassel's play has more closely resembled that of a backup asked to "not lose it" than anything Warner ever did and I come away giving Cassel a pretty short leash.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.
The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.
Posts: 23,963
jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #334
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 
Yeti Pentathlon Champion Yeti Sports 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $28349
When Cassel has the resume of these other players with poor games in the playoffs, we'll be willing to give him more slack.

Manning had poor playoff games!!!!

MONTANA!!!! ****ing Joe Montana. . So funny. Easily the most intellectually dishonest piece of evidence used today.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,405
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #335
rad rad is offline
Because I can
 
rad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jets/Giants/Bills country
Casino cash: $409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
Got any more red herrings?
lolwut
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
When I'm feeling down, I always do something awesome like drink wine, listen to a Bruckner symphony, and contemplate how awesome it is to be white. But that's just me of course.
Posts: 5,418
rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #336
Reerun_KC Reerun_KC is offline
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!
 
Reerun_KC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kansas Jayhawks
Casino cash: $2446163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
When Cassel has the resume of these other players with poor games in the playoffs, we'll be willing to give him more slack.

Manning had poor playoff games!!!!

MONTANA!!!! ****ing Joe Montana. . So funny.

Its hard to get all worked up about it... Just to be disappointed that no matter how much we bitch here... Pioli and Co will do what they want...

So now its wait and see time...
Posts: 43,963
Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #337
Just Passin' By Just Passin' By is offline
MVP
 
Just Passin' By's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $4484991
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsRacer View Post
I'm making the claim based on one playoff game and a whole shit ton of regular season games where he showed a clear inability to play well against playoff-caliber defenses. I'm making the claim based on the fact that he's a 29-year-old with three seasons as a starter under his belt who couldn't make a single play against one of the few playoff-caliber defenses he's faced all year. Manning and Montana and Flacco all have more talent, intelligence, and poise than Cassel has or ever will have. Your argument is basically "Good quarterbacks have had shitty games before; therefore, Cassel could be a good quarterback despite all his shitty games." It doesn't hold any water. At all.
Cassel has played who he is scheduled against, and he was 10-5 this season. Your argument is crap.
Posts: 8,778
Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #338
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 
Yeti Pentathlon Champion Yeti Sports 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $28349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC View Post
Its hard to get all worked up about it... Just to be disappointed that no matter how much we bitch here... Pioli and Co will do what they want...

So now its wait and see time...
I agree with all of this, Reerun. We'd all do well to chill, but it's sometimes hard to do for fans.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,405
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #339
Reerun_KC Reerun_KC is offline
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!
 
Reerun_KC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kansas Jayhawks
Casino cash: $2446163
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
I agree with all of this, Reerun. We'd all do well to chill, but it's sometimes hard to do for fans.
It is.. i am furious that we decided to totally ignore the TE all day long...

How ****ing stupid could we be...



Give it a few days and cooler heads will prevail. Then we will get back to football talk about things that will and can change...

QB is what it is... I dont see them changing this offseason...
Posts: 43,963
Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Reerun_KC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #340
Just Passin' By Just Passin' By is offline
MVP
 
Just Passin' By's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $4484991
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspchief View Post
It's not a red herring. The simple fact is ever since high school the guy has shown himself capable enough to be kept around, but not start. That's what the guy is. That's what this season was... a 16 game version of exactly what you'd want from your backup QB.

You're trying to use guys like Manning and Montana as examples of how a QB progresses in the NFL, while ignoring there were a lot of chapters written before the NFL that earned those guys some grace period.

Could Cassel be the next Warner? Yes. We could also get the next Tom Brady in the 6th round of the 2011 draft. But the odds of either of those happening is low. Combine that with the fact that Cassel's play has more closely resembled that of a backup asked to "not lose it" than anything Warner ever did and I come away giving Cassel a pretty short leash.
No, given that he's been a starter for 2 full seasons, including a 10-5 record this year, and a 24-21 overall record, he's obviously shown himself capable of being a starter.
Posts: 8,778
Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #341
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 
Yeti Pentathlon Champion Yeti Sports 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $28349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
Cassel has played who he is scheduled against, and he was 10-5 this season. Your argument is crap.
You're criticizing someone's argument after pointing out that Montana had a bad playoff game...after winning two SBs and being the MVP in both? And using this as some type of evidence for Cassel deserving more time or benefit of the doubt?

Just stop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,405
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #342
Just Passin' By Just Passin' By is offline
MVP
 
Just Passin' By's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $4484991
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsRacer View Post
I'm not missing anything. I know exactly what stupid-ass fallacious argument you're trying to make. The fact that those players had playoff stinkers has NO BEARING on the fact that Cassel's particular playoff stinker is a major symptom of Cassel-is-not-the-answer-itis.
Yes, it is. It demonstrates that one game does not guarantee a career path, despite your attempt to argue that it does. It doesn't even need to be a "symptom", as Montana's difficult playoff games demonstrate.

Quarterbacks have bad games in the playoffs. It happens. It happens to rookies. It happens to veterans. It happens to those considered to be among the very best of all time.
Posts: 8,778
Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Just Passin' By is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #343
rad rad is offline
Because I can
 
rad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jets/Giants/Bills country
Casino cash: $409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
Cassel has played who he is scheduled against, and he was 10-5 this season. Your argument is crap.
10-4 actually.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
When I'm feeling down, I always do something awesome like drink wine, listen to a Bruckner symphony, and contemplate how awesome it is to be white. But that's just me of course.
Posts: 5,418
rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.rad must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #344
jd1020 jd1020 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Casino cash: $83350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
10-4 actually.
What? How'd that 15th game of his just disappear? He only missed 1 game.
Posts: 13,186
jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #345
MadMax MadMax is offline
Veteran
 
MadMax's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Rockaway Beach, Mo.
Casino cash: $387947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
No, this thread is about you posting bullshit and people responding to it. Even some of the best QBs in history have had off games in the playoffs. I just noted one of Manning's, from his Super Bowl year.


Casshole will NEVER EVER win a playoff game, how bout that? Also he doesn't even desrve to be mentioned in the same breath as the QBs you talk about. **** him and i'll be happy when he's gone.
Posts: 3,198
MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.MadMax is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.