Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 01:52 PM  
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $5445
****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.****

the second thread has been pronounced dead.
Posts: 30,583
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #1456
eazyb81 eazyb81 is offline
The Illuminati
 
eazyb81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the road less traveled
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
ACC has to get through their own struggle right now. The ACC can't get a contract to put itself in competition with the other four. So, if the ACC comes apart, Notre Dame isn't going to join that. If the ACC stays together, it likely means the new format is friendly towards an independent Notre Dame. I don't think the ACC is a serious home for ND, despite the ACC's well deserved academic reputation.
Your argument makes zero sense. If the ACC or any other conference added Notre Dame, they would walk into the offices of their network partners and immediately rip up their current deal to start over.

Beyond that though, Notre Dame is less motivated by TV money than any school in the country. ND is all about tradition and elitism. They don't want to join any conference because they think they are too good for one, not because they don't make enough money. The university itself is overflowing with cash.

Notre Dame is not joining the Big 12. It completely defies all logic.
Posts: 12,025
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #1457
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $5530
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
excuses coming in 3.....2.....1......
No excuses. It's just no one gives a ****.

Missouri made their choice.

Fly butterfly, fly to the SEC.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,204
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #1458
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton!!
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
No excuses. It's just no one gives a ****.

Missouri made their choice.

Fly butterfly, fly to the SEC.
Lol, pussies
Posts: 52,054
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #1459
tredadda tredadda is offline
Moustakas FTW
 
tredadda's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Clarksville, TN
Casino cash: $5160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
No excuses. It's just no one gives a ****.

Missouri made their choice.

Fly butterfly, fly to the SEC.
Sure thing. If you say so.
__________________
Posts: 4,153
tredadda has disabled reputation
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #1460
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $5530
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
They've still won a Big XII conference game more recently than Kansas.
Sure, KU had a down year. This is Kansas City. There's a reason why the upcoming KU Football season thread has more posts in it that all the other schools combined.

Then again I'm talking to someone who cherry picks their teams so I wouldn't expect you to understand much of anything.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,204
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #1461
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $5530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Lol, pussies
No one's scared of someone who's never won anything.

That defies logic.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,204
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #1462
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $5530
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
But, you said, "any team". Are you not "any team". If "any team" could have won with that schedule, why didn't your "any team" at least have a better showing?

We're not even considered a "football school".
As much as some of these other fans are pricks I wish their fan bases well moving forward.

When you root for a school that holds the record in NCAA history for combined wins in football and basketball it's tough not to feel like you should give back once in a while.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,204
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #1463
eazyb81 eazyb81 is offline
The Illuminati
 
eazyb81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the road less traveled
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
Sure, KU had a down year. This is Kansas City. There's a reason why the upcoming KU Football season thread has more posts in it that all the other schools combined.
Everyone slows down for a car wreck?
Posts: 12,025
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #1464
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton!!
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
No one's scared of someone who's never won anything.

That defies logic.
Then schedule the game already. You want a home and home, or do the Arrowhead thing again?
Posts: 52,054
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #1465
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $5445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
As much as some of these other fans are pricks I wish their fan bases well moving forward.

When you root for a school that holds the record in NCAA history for combined wins in football and basketball it's tough not to feel like you should give back once in a while.
What record book includes that stat?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,583
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #1466
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $5530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Then schedule the game already. You want a home and home, or do the Arrowhead thing again?
I've stated many times that KU and MU will meet again on the field or court someday in the future.

It isn't nearly as big a deal for us as it seems to be for you.

Just doesn't fit into the schedule in the next upcoming years. No big deal.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,204
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #1467
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is offline
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $5215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
Sure, KU had a down year. This is Kansas City. There's a reason why the upcoming KU Football season thread has more posts in it that all the other schools combined.

Then again I'm talking to someone who cherry picks their teams so I wouldn't expect you to understand much of anything.
Well...KU's football season did end a month before everyone else, so that thread got a head start.

KU's got such a great hold on KC in football, those billboards must have really worked out well. How are those billboards helping KU's recruiting around here, by the way?
__________________
Posts: 6,829
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #1468
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is offline
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $5215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
I've stated many times that KU and MU will meet again on the field or court someday in the future.

It isn't nearly as big a deal for us as it seems to be for you.

Just doesn't fit into the schedule in the next upcoming years. No big deal.
No...that might be what you say...but that is not the official position of the University of Kansas.

Kansas has made it clear that if it has its way, there will not a change to their position....Braincase has stated KU's AD position on this many, many, times.

It will be interesting if the Big XII makes KU play MU in a cross conference schedule.....seems to make KU's stand on the whole thing hypocritical, to say the least.
__________________
Posts: 6,829
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #1469
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $5530
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
Well...KU's football season did end a month before everyone else, so that thread got a head start.

KU's got such a great hold on KC in football, those billboards must have really worked out well. How are those billboards helping KU's recruiting around here, by the way?
Billboards don't recruit players. Quality play on the field does.

MU has put up billboards in SEC country and no players are coming from those places. Whatcha gonna do?
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,204
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #1470
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $5530
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
No...that might be what you say...but that is not the official position of the University of Kansas.

Kansas has made it clear that if it has its way, there will not a change to their position....Braincase has stated KU's AD position on this many, many, times.

It will be interesting if the Big XII makes KU play MU in a cross conference schedule.....seems to make KU's stand on the whole thing hypocritical, to say the least.
huh? Kansas stated openly that playing the game was contingent on being in the conference schedule.

KU has never wavered. MU made it's choice. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Ya'll seem so focused on this. No one at KU understands the obsession. You didn't want to be apart of us, don't change your tune now.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,204
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.