Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 01:52 PM  
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186307
****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.****

the second thread has been pronounced dead.
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #4036
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $28739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
I just don't get it. MU has been trying to get into the Big 10 since when? Late 90's? Why is OK for MU to shop themselves to the Big 10/SEC and finally up & leave a conference that they felt was falling apart, yet when OU/UT believe the conference is falling apart and they do the exact same thing it's not OK? Just doesn't make any sense.

I'm really glad MU feels they got into a better, more stable conference. Really, I am. I hope they do well in the SEC. The only aspect of it I hate is the loss of the MU/KU rivalry because it is one of the greatest rivalries in the country. But, outside of that, conference realignment is of little meaning to me. I don't root for a conference, I root for a team. Sure, I like to see the conference as a whole do well, but you'll never hear me chanting "Big 12! Big 12!".....even if it's a KU accomplishment.
Texas is the conference, so they have never worried about its stability, since this begins and ends with them.

The bottom line is that the Big XII was a joke the minute it was constructed because all of the Big XIII teams sold themselves to the economic behemoth of Texas, when this never needed to happen. Ultimately, the Big XII, with all of its original members, will be looked upon as a "what if," and the university presidents have only themselves to blame.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,447
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #4037
tredadda tredadda is offline
Moustakas FTW
 
tredadda's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft Collins, Co
Casino cash: $42184
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Texas is the conference, so they have never worried about its stability, since this begins and ends with them.

The bottom line is that the Big XII was a joke the minute it was constructed because all of the Big XIII teams sold themselves to the economic behemoth of Texas, when this never needed to happen. Ultimately, the Big XII, with all of its original members, will be looked upon as a "what if," and the university presidents have only themselves to blame.
UT and OU have options. They can go to practically any conference they want. The rest of the Big XII? Not so much.
__________________
Posts: 4,119
tredadda has disabled reputation
 
Old 07-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #4038
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $28739
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
UT and OU have options. They can go to practically any conference they want. The rest of the Big XII? Not so much.
Pretty much, though OSU complicates things a bit for OU. But without TX, the Big XII is essentially the Big East.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,447
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #4039
qabbaan qabbaan is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Casino cash: $24150
It's all about your football program.

OSU's program would be a credit to any conference. They would have options just like OU and UT would.

Otherwise yes you have the Big East.
Posts: 2,973
qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.
 
Old 07-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #4040
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
Missouri was given the choice whether or not to continue competing with KU. They said no. It's pretty much that simple and now neither side could be happier.

Good luck with your journey into the SEC Mizzou.
So we can have our t-shirt back if we marry you?

We really like that t-shirt, but we aren't going to marry you just to get it back. If we ask for it back again, we still aren't going to marry you, but we're open to the idea of you swinging by and dropping it off whenever. Other than that, we're done here. Can't we just admit what this was?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #4041
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevo_410 View Post
So you're saying that it's ok for kansas to move forward and do what's best for it yet, Mizzou is the bad guy because they left for a better conference and ignored the whole "We won't play you if you leave us." shtick kansas gave us before we left? please, how do you expect a program of mizzou's caliber to take orders from a shitty school like kansas. It was clearly a ****ing insult and we're not your bitch.

We moved for stability and maximized potential, I'm fine with never playing you guys again however the history of the rivalry will always be faulted on the sour grapes of the kansas administrators and their backing. Mizzou vs. kansas definitely could've make for one of the best if not THE best interconference rivalry in the nation, anything you say otherwise is just butthurtson. We're willing to play, you're hiding behind your shit quote instead of just saying that, "we're scared pussies." gtfo
Sounds good to me.

Kansas has no use for an association with MU. I don't understand why you guys don't get this.

MU decided that the best decision to make moving forward was to not be associated with KU in a conference.

Everyone will be fine moving forward. If you want to call KU names on the way out it's fine with all of us. No one from KU cares. It just makes you look small from what I can tell.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,981
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #4042
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPriest2 View Post
WTF?!?! Given the choice? Please explain
Friday, October 21, 2011

“KU-Missouri is a great rivalry," KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger said in a statement. "The University of Kansas is a great Midwestern school, loyal to our Midwestern conference and to our Midwestern roots.

“The KU-Missouri rivalry belongs in the Big 12 Conference. Should Missouri decide to leave the Big 12, we would wish them well.”
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,981
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #4043
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
That's already been proven false by the games at Arrowhead.
The fans stayed away on purpose this year to show their contempt for the hiring of Turner Gill and the two years of garbage he put them through.

And you know what? It worked.

Thank God too, many of us were shitting bricks when KU was beating you at halftime.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,981
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #4044
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
And the $30 million a group in Kansas City gave to upgrade Mizzou's facilities. How much did KU get?
KU's probably still spending all the money the Hall Foundation has given them. I don't think they're too concerned with a $30 million donation. A nice amount no doubt, but would be nothing spectacular when it comes to the history of KU donations.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,981
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #4045
tredadda tredadda is offline
Moustakas FTW
 
tredadda's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft Collins, Co
Casino cash: $42184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
The fans stayed away on purpose this year to show their contempt for the hiring of Turner Gill and the two years of garbage he put them through.

And you know what? It worked.

Thank God too, many of us were shitting bricks when KU was beating you at halftime.
Cause they usually sell out that game or any other football game?
__________________
Posts: 4,119
tredadda has disabled reputation
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #4046
tredadda tredadda is offline
Moustakas FTW
 
tredadda's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft Collins, Co
Casino cash: $42184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
KU's probably still spending all the money the Hall Foundation has given them. I don't think they're too concerned with a $30 million donation. A nice amount no doubt, but would be nothing spectacular when it comes to the history of KU donations.
The amount is irrelevant. The fact that it came from a group in Kansas City, a town KU swears they own and is loaded with KU alumni while KU got nothing speaks volumes.
__________________
Posts: 4,119
tredadda has disabled reputation
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #4047
OnTheWarpath58 OnTheWarpath58 is offline
37 FOREVER
 
OnTheWarpath58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $2911723
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Cause they usually sell out that game or any other football game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
The amount is irrelevant. The fact that it came from a group in Kansas City, a town KU swears they own and is loaded with KU alumni while KU got nothing speaks volumes.
WHY do you guys continue to respond to this kid?

Quit feeding the trolls.
Posts: 49,239
OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #4048
tredadda tredadda is offline
Moustakas FTW
 
tredadda's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft Collins, Co
Casino cash: $42184
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
WHY do you guys continue to respond to this kid?

Quit feeding the trolls.
Cause he is so easy to mess with. It is almost a game.
__________________
Posts: 4,119
tredadda has disabled reputation
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #4049
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Texas is the conference, so they have never worried about its stability, since this begins and ends with them.

The bottom line is that the Big XII was a joke the minute it was constructed because all of the Big XIII teams sold themselves to the economic behemoth of Texas, when this never needed to happen. Ultimately, the Big XII, with all of its original members, will be looked upon as a "what if," and the university presidents have only themselves to blame.
What do you mean "blame themselves"?

I'm not sure you understand what the point of being a college fan is. You want to win titles and maybe see money roll in for recruiting, facilities, etc.

Most of the schools in the Big 12 have all experienced this during the history of the conference. I'm not sure what else you want. Go ask K State Football. They love kicking UT's ass every year when they outspend everyone else by so much. Go ask KU Basketball, they love kicking UT's ass every year when they outspend everyone else by so much. Plus Austin is a great town. I'm sorry you feel so hostile about this whole situation. If leaving the conference makes you feel better than great, we're happy for you.

But we're tired of hearing you day after day harp on UT and how they are the conference and blah blah blah, everyone has heard you. Message received.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,981
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #4050
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
The amount is irrelevant. The fact that it came from a group in Kansas City, a town KU swears they own and is loaded with KU alumni while KU got nothing speaks volumes.
So someone in Kansas City gave a donation to MU and not to KU and that makes fact that there are not more KU fans in Kansas City than any other school?

That makes no sense man, come on now.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,981
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.