Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2006, 08:29 AM  
Donger Donger is online now
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675 N 106.475 W
Casino cash: $364
VARSITY
Lance Armstrong cleared of doping charges (and now drops the fight)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

The French Lose Again.

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - Independent Dutch investigators cleared Lance Armstrong of doping in the 1999 Tour de France on Wednesday, and blamed anti-doping authorities for misconduct in dealing with the American cyclist.

A 132-page report recommended convening a tribunal to discuss possible legal and ethical violations by the World Anti-Doping Agency and to consider "appropriate sanctions to remedy the violations."

The French sports daily L'Equipe reported in August that six of Armstrong's urine samples from 1999, when he won the first of his record seven-straight Tour titles, came back positive for the endurance-boosting hormone EPO when they were retested in 2004.

Armstrong has repeatedly denied using banned substances.

The International Cycling Union appointed Dutch lawyer Emile Vrijman last October to investigate the handling of urine tests from the 1999 Tour by the French national anti-doping laboratory, known by its French acronym LNDD.

Vrijman said Wednesday his report "exonerates Lance Armstrong completely with respect to alleged use of doping in the 1999 Tour de France."

The report also said the UCI had not damaged Armstrong by releasing doping control forms to the French newspaper.

The report said WADA and the LNDD may have "behaved in ways that are completely inconsistent with the rules and regulations of international anti-doping control testing," and may also have been against the law.

Vrijman, who headed the Dutch anti-doping agency for 10 years and later defended athletes accused of doping, worked on the report with Adriaan van der Veen, a scientist with the Dutch Metrology Laboratory.

EPO, or erythropoietin, is a synthetic hormone that boosts the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood.

Testing for EPO only began in 2001.
Posts: 76,007
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #46
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $12401262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
That's all well and good. But I don't cycle competitively for one reason and one reason alone:


1. Saddles.

Yeah, probably not your first guess huh? Have you ever sat on one of these things doing 35 MPH in France?

Sure the dude had a distinct advantage but that has been disclosed for a long time. Sheryl Crow told me in 1997. Seriously, Lance Armstrong is the king of the TdF because he has but one schwetty ball. Imagine if you will just how deeply you could thrust your wife if you dropped from a 54" waist to a 34", for instance. This is precisely the same benefit provided to Armstrong by virtue of his brave Halfstration.

Judge less, neuter more.
__________________
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?
Posts: 25,986
alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #47
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $12401262
Apparently the USADA had more than I thought. Like I said, you almost don't need anything because its clear that Armstrong couldn't have beaten all those cheaters during his 7 wins clean.

Blood samples from his comeback attempts in 2009 and 2010 have come back showing he's still cheating. He stopped cycling and was trying to come back as a triathlete when the USADA shut him down.

And of course you have a slew of credible witnesses.
__________________
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?
Posts: 25,986
alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #48
redhed redhed is offline
The mad repper
 
redhed's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Along the Interurban
Casino cash: $2986516
How in the heck did this guy pass over 500 doping tests? Help from the UCI?
__________________
CHIEF lifer!
Posts: 3,349
redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #49
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $12401262
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhed View Post
How in the heck did this guy pass over 500 doping tests? Help from the UCI?
The cheaters were way out ahead of the testers back then, taking stuff and blood doping in ways that either could not be detected yet, or by taking masking agents that could not be detected yet.

What they are doing now is clever, the ICF started something called the athlete passport, and other sports are catching on. They basically said "screw it, we're never going to be ahead of the drug companies, instead of looking for drugs we can't find, we'll just monitor the blood"

We all know about T/E ratios and how we still try to find steroids directly, but if the ratios get out of whack, we'll just assume you are on some kind of new designer steroid we cant see. They are now doing that with every biological cell, hormone, or substance that might occur naturally and which can help performance. We analyze the hell out of your blood, figure out what you are capable of naturally, then set ranges, for that specific person, based on what we've determined they can do. If they break those ranges in red blood cell production, or hormones which can improve performance, or whatever, we'll just say you cheated even though we don't know what you've done yet.

It seems to have been very effective, and race times went up after they started the athlete passports.
__________________
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?

Last edited by alnorth; 08-24-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Posts: 25,986
alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #50
mikey23545 mikey23545 is offline
MVP
 
mikey23545's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $119443
Those who can't will always attempt to pull down those who can.

It's part of the Current Doctrine against people who achieve great things. To allow it to be believed that they do it because of great desire, effort, or talent is unhealthy.

You didn't win those races by yourself.
Posts: 11,925
mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #51
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey23545 View Post
Those who can't will always attempt to pull down those who can.

It's part of the Current Doctrine against people who achieve great things. To allow it to be believed that they do it because of great desire, effort, or talent is unhealthy.

You didn't win those races by yourself.
He cheated.
Posts: 42,713
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #52
redhed redhed is offline
The mad repper
 
redhed's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Along the Interurban
Casino cash: $2986516
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
The cheaters were way out ahead of the testers back then, taking stuff and blood doping in ways that either could not be detected yet, or by taking masking agents that could not be detected yet.

What they are doing now is clever, the ICF started something called the athlete passport, and other sports are catching on. They basically said "screw it, we're never going to be ahead of the drug companies, instead of looking for drugs we can't find, we'll just monitor the blood"

We all know about T/E ratios and how we still try to find steroids directly, but if the ratios get out of whack, we'll just assume you are on some kind of new designer steroid we cant see. They are now doing that with every biological cell, hormone, or substance that might occur naturally and which can help performance. We analyze the hell out of your blood, figure out what you are capable of naturally, then set ranges, for that specific person, based on what we've determined they can do. If they break those ranges in red blood cell production, or hormones which can improve performance, or whatever, we'll just say you cheated even though we don't know what you've done yet.

It seems to have been very effective, and race times went up after they started the athlete passports.
Catch any of the Tygart intv. on Dan Patrick?
Laid it all out; transfusions, plasma and saline expanders, masking agents, prior notice to testing...
__________________
CHIEF lifer!
Posts: 3,349
redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.redhed Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #53
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $72153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
He cheated.
Don't bother. On a good day mikey has the mental capacity of a 2 year old.
__________________
Posts: 33,618
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #54
NewChief NewChief is offline
Greenbacker and Loving Liberal
 
NewChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Casino cash: $174028
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhed View Post
Catch any of the Tygart intv. on Dan Patrick?
Laid it all out; transfusions, plasma and saline expanders, masking agents, prior notice to testing...
Not realizing that doping was (and is, though the regulators have reduced it) a routine and necessary part of competitive cycling over the last 20 years is like not realizing that professional wrestling is fake (this according to a good friend of mine who raced with Lance pre-cancer and is very involved in cycling to this day).
__________________
In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
- H. L. Mencken
Posts: 19,093
NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #55
Omaha Omaha is offline
Badass!
 
Omaha's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Casino cash: $399983998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
That's all well and good. But I don't cycle competitively for one reason and one reason alone:


1. Saddles.

Yeah, probably not your first guess huh? Have you ever sat on one of these things doing 35 MPH in France?

Sure the dude had a distinct advantage but that has been disclosed for a long time. Sheryl Crow told me in 1997. Seriously, Lance Armstrong is the king of the TdF because he has but one schwetty ball. Imagine if you will just how deeply you could thrust your wife if you dropped from a 54" waist to a 34", for instance. This is precisely the same benefit provided to Armstrong by virtue of his brave Halfstration.

Judge less, neuter more.
You're doing it wrong.
Posts: 6,015
Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.Omaha wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #56
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $1230201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
He cheated.
So did Denver but even if they said today that their Lombardi's were removed would any of them care?

A decade of memories are immediately scrubbed from our brains?...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 49,936
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #57
TEX TEX is online now
I SURVIVED Herm, Scott & Matt!
 
TEX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $10273276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
So did Denver but even if they said today that their Lombardi's were removed would any of them care?

A decade of memories are immediately scrubbed from our brains?...
Exactly.
Posts: 14,321
TEX has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #58
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
So did Denver but even if they said today that their Lombardi's were removed would any of them care?

A decade of memories are immediately scrubbed from our brains?...
I'm still wait for them to strip the Fifth Downers of their horseshit national championship. I assume that won't happen anytime soon, either.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #59
vailpass vailpass is online now
Yah Mules!
 
vailpass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $99235636
USADA is engaging in a dick move supreme. What is the point of this witch hunt?
__________________
It don't matter what line we hand you
When we come a crawlin' in.
We ain't wrong, we ain't sorry,
An' it's probably gonna happen again.

T. Byrd
Posts: 36,573
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #60
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $1230201
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I'm still wait for them to strip the Fifth Downers of their horseshit national championship. I assume that won't happen anytime soon, either.
If they did would it matter?

Would your hurt or their joy go away?

Nope...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 49,936
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.