|08-26-2012, 09:08 PM||Topic Starter|
Know your role...
Join Date: Apr 2007
Casino cash: $17009
Sac's 2013 Mock Draft
Modified for week two of the NFL season.
1. Geno Smith, QB; West Virginia
- Geno Smith is going to win the Heisman. At the start of the season, I figured that the Chiefs were going to be just good enough to fall out of the running for Smith, who is putting together a monster season so far, so I had them taking Lance Jones in the 20's. However, based on the past two games, the Chiefs stink and will be looking at another top five draft pick. The fan base demands a quarterback and there is no way that the front office and ownership can look past the position this time. Smith is a natural pocket passer with excellent presence/feel and a desire to win and win big. Incredibly accurate, with a big arm, he quickly goes through progressions and makes superb throws. He's also athletic enough to get outside and scramble effectively. In two games in the 2012 season, Smith is 66/75 for 734 yards, 9 TDs, 1 TD rushing and ZERO interceptions for an absolutely insane QB rating of 209.8. That is utterly ridiculous. Insanity sauce.
2. Jonathan Banks, CB; Mississippi State
- Originally I had Tyrann Mathieu here, but the Chiefs could use a taller/bigger CB to cover the field opposite of Brandon Flowers. Banks has excellent size at 6'2", 185 lb. and natural instincts. He's really produced in his four years in the SEC, including two interceptions in two games in 2012.
3. Ray Ray Armstrong, S; Miami
- Ray Ray has some off-field issues resulting in his dismisal from the Miami football program. (And getting kicked off of the Hurricanes probably takes a lot of effort.) That will drop him on draft day. However, he has first round talent and freakish size and athleticism for the position (6'4", 220 lb.). Kendrick Lewis seems to be perpetually injured (though I like him a ton) and there is a lack of depth/talent at the position.
4. Travis Long, OLB; Washington State
- Long is absolutely destroying people this year. Four sacks and 20 tackles in three games so far in 2012 from the OLB position. Long recently moved from a 43 DE to a standup 34 OLB and has absolutely flourished. Big (6'3", 260 lb.) and fast, he's got a terrific motor and doesn't give up on the play until after the whistle.
5. Blaze Foltz, OG; TCU
- Lilja, Asamoah and Harris have been questionable at best so far in the 2012 preseason/season. Allen has looked good then terrible the next game. The guard position isn't as solid as one would think for the Chiefs. Foltz is a solid performer for the Hornfrogs and should be a solid pro prospect.
6. Tanner Hawkinson, OT; KU
- He's going to be a four year starter and is a pretty talented player that has been mired on a bad team the past couple of years. He's got the athleticism and skill set to be a NFL player. Hawkinson was first team Big 12 in 2010.
7. Braden Wilson, FB; KSU
- A big, tall fullback in the Kleinsasser mold. A very effective lead blocker for the 'Cats.
Last edited by Saccopoo; 09-16-2012 at 06:07 PM..