Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 PM  
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $19179
VARSITY
The conversation discourse in D.C. should be better.

I've been gone from D.C. for a couple of years and since I've been back I've been disappointed in the name calling and ridicule of another posters position. Immediately writing off someone who doesnt agree with you.

Yes, there are going to be strongly held beliefs on both sides. Passion for a position. If your position is the right position, surely you can make your point without name calling or making fun od the poster. Surely you can point out the fallacy of their position without calling then an idiot.

I'm not saying we have a cumbaya moment. Just that we each think before a post if we need to post the vitirol and name calling to make our points.

Just because D.C. isn't moderated doesn't mean we should just post any ****ing thing we want.
Posts: 44,933
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #106
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
FO dumb ass.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #107
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $19179
VARSITY
Sorry forgot the correct D.C. format
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
**** you pal even if You got that right.
__________________
If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu
Posts: 44,933
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #108
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is offline
Country Santa Year Around
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $17110
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I see this forum as a wonderful little microcosm of our government. Extremists on both sides pound away at each other, and moderates get blasted by extremists on both sides. No reason, no compromise, not ever. You can't reason with extremists, because no matter how much you give they'll always want more. And digging in against them eventually makes a reasonable person extreme. It's like staring into the abyss. It stares back.

If anybody ever asks me why Congress can't get a goddamn thing accomplished, I'll simply direct them here.
You sir have summed this place up quite well
__________________
Frazod to KC Nitwit..."Hey, I saw a picture of some dumpy bitch with a horrible ****tarded giant back tattoo and couldn't help but think of you." Simple, Pure, Perfect. 7/31/2013

Dave Lane: "I have donated more money to people in my life as an atheist that most churches ever will."

Come home to Jesus Dave. Come home.
Posts: 29,954
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #109
Aries Walker Aries Walker is offline
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $11207
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I see this forum as a wonderful little microcosm of our government. Extremists on both sides pound away at each other, and moderates get blasted by extremists on both sides. No reason, no compromise, not ever. You can't reason with extremists, because no matter how much you give they'll always want more. And digging in against them eventually makes a reasonable person extreme. It's like staring into the abyss. It stares back.

If anybody ever asks me why Congress can't get a goddamn thing accomplished, I'll simply direct them here.
I agree with this. It gets frustrating to try and speak up sometimes because of the extremists - especially when they don't have the ability or desire to express why they think the way they do, but instead they just go for a quick insult or a "Haha yeah right".
Posts: 5,055
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #110
ClevelandBronco ClevelandBronco is offline
Banned
 
ClevelandBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Casino cash: $10160
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhed View Post
You DC wags don't deserve BRC.
Then, please, by all means, show the asshole where the exit is.
Posts: 20,624
ClevelandBronco has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #111
ClevelandBronco ClevelandBronco is offline
Banned
 
ClevelandBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Casino cash: $10160
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
I agree, BRC. Direckshun once inferred that I eat whale dung. I was deeply hurt by his remark, and it almost made me stop posting in this forum.
Implied, dammit.
Posts: 20,624
ClevelandBronco has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #112
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $10437
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I believe I've answered that question in two threads today. And it didnt involve head trauma.
Definitely head trauma, took your sense of humor too, though that I somewhat understand because government work will also do that to a guy.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,896
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #113
dirk digler dirk digler is offline
Please squeeze
 
dirk digler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Clinton, MO
Casino cash: $12170
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I see this forum as a wonderful little microcosm of our government. Extremists on both sides pound away at each other, and moderates get blasted by extremists on both sides. No reason, no compromise, not ever. You can't reason with extremists, because no matter how much you give they'll always want more. And digging in against them eventually makes a reasonable person extreme. It's like staring into the abyss. It stares back.

If anybody ever asks me why Congress can't get a goddamn thing accomplished, I'll simply direct them here.
Absolutely perfect.
Posts: 49,074
dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #114
Iowanian Iowanian is offline
Besides, big day tomorrow
 
Iowanian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Utopia
Casino cash: $15542
Re-electing Obama is about as wise as Reginald Denny taking a 2nd lap into the LA Riots.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
I said I'm an expert dickrider.
Posts: 51,057
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #115
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is online now
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $9518
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
If anybody ever asks me why Congress can't get anything accomplished, I'll simply direct them here.
I would consider this a victory everytime it happens, better than the norm of not reading a 5 thousand page bill because you can't read it until it's approved. We're so ****ED!
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,649
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #116
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bless FSU!
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $23781
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider View Post
You were called out for saying people do not understand the meaning of cult. You stated it is related to Christianity. I will use your technique...STRAWMAN...DID YOU SAY SOMETHING? (in case you did not see this)
In this context it was taken by me as worship of a personality—which it is not.
Nor do the previous definitions apply. As to your last definition in bold. I don't see that applying unless you mischaracterize the movement which imo, you do because you don't understand it.
__________________
“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature.” ~ James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“We do not believe in aggressive or preventive war. Such war is the weapon of dictators, not of free democratic countries like the United States.”~ Truman, Sept 1, 1950
Posts: 59,906
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #117
fan4ever fan4ever is offline
Veteran
 
fan4ever's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Casino cash: $8062
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I see this forum as a wonderful little microcosm of our government. Extremists on both sides pound away at each other, and moderates get blasted by extremists on both sides. No reason, no compromise, not ever. You can't reason with extremists, because no matter how much you give they'll always want more. And digging in against them eventually makes a reasonable person extreme. It's like staring into the abyss. It stares back.

If anybody ever asks me why Congress can't get a goddamn thing accomplished, I'll simply direct them here.
I don't know what you're talking about. I've discovered everyone here in DC is middle of the road, non-biased, non-partisan, objective, reasonable people more than willing to consider opposing viewpoints . . . that's who we are . . . just ask us.
Posts: 4,299
fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.fan4ever Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #118
Iowanian Iowanian is offline
Besides, big day tomorrow
 
Iowanian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Utopia
Casino cash: $15542
Re-electing Obama for a 2nd term is like Sonny Bono's family dragging him back up the mountain and aiming him towards the trees and letting go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
I said I'm an expert dickrider.
Posts: 51,057
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #119
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $19179
VARSITY
I just wanted to say that the discussion discourse has improved in here since I came back. There are exceptions but in general no one is slacking off on their veracity defense of their positions. But they are chosing to make their strong views known without resorting to name calling and personal insults.

I've recieved 11 positive reps (yes, I counted before posting) from posters on Chiefsplanet that don't post in here or very rarely. They basically said they would go in here more often if it was more like my post.

This tells me that if we can keep this up, you will expand the # of people who venture into D.C. Surely, we can all agree that an increase in traffic, more opinions and views on the issues of the day would be beneficial to us all.
__________________
If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu
Posts: 44,933
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #120
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $15044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
Re-electing Obama for a 2nd term is like Sonny Bono's family dragging him back up the mountain and aiming him towards the trees and letting go.

Please, oh please, oh political eye. Tell me your analogy about what happens if Romney is elected. I got one.

To elect Romney is to plan on moving over seas with his money and the jobs he'll create.
Posts: 30,729
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.