|09-13-2012, 05:06 AM||Topic Starter|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $12267
Could use some advice...please
First off, this is not a Fantasy Football question, it is a moral question for lack of a better term but it involves fantasy football. I'm going to try and keep it as short as possible so sorry for the wall'o'text if it gets lengthy.
I have been running some fantasy teams for some time, pretty standard usually with no weird rules or anything. Well, this year we all agreed to do a couple keeper leagues. Keepers working in the way that you can not keep your first 3 round picks the next year, can't keep the same guy for more than 3 years and you give up a pick 1 rd of where he was drafted to keep him the following year, that is rolling (i.e if you want to keep your 5th rd you would give up a 4th, then the following year to keep him again you give up a 3rd, so on and so forth. You wouldn't be able to keep that person again because he would then be a 3rd but you get the point)
Anyway, so this is a 12 team league. I know everyone in the league really well, except for 1 guy, who works with 3 of the other members in this league. I'm not that close with him but hung out on occasion. The others in the league he doesn't know that well either, he just knows these 3 he works with pretty much.
This person in particular scored a little over 100 pts this week and won his first game. Then (as commissioner) I get an accepted trade yesterday afternoon needing approval. It is from (Guy above) giving up Julio Jones in exchange he gets back....Michael Turner.... from his co-worker (My best friend from highschool/roomate for 6yrs) and thats it. Here are the two teams for more insight with order they were drafted:
First guys team
1. (9) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
2. (16) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
3. (33) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
4. (40) Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
5. (57) Ryan Williams (Ari - RB)
6. (64) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)
7. (81) Isaac Redman (Pit - RB)
8. (88) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
9. (105) Malcom Floyd (SD - WR)
10. (112) Robert Meachem (SD - WR)
11. (129) Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
12. (136) Ronnie Brown (SD - RB)
13. (153) Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K)
14. (160) Jerome Simpson (Min - WR)
15. (177) Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB)
16. (184) Austin Collie (Ind - WR)
17. (201) Michael Egnew (Mia - TE)
2nd guys team:
1. (4) Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
2. (21) Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
3. (28) Victor Cruz (NYG - WR)
4. (45) Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
5. (52) Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
6. (69) Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)
7. (76) Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE)
8. (93) Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
9. (100) Torrey Smith (Bal - WR)
10. (117) Lance Moore (NO - WR)
11. (124) Chicago (Chi - DEF)
12. (141) LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
13. (148) Laurent Robinson (Jac - WR)
14. (165) Tony Moeaki (KC - TE)
15. (172) David Akers (SF - K)
16. (189) LaMichael James (SF - RB)
17. (196) Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
As a league we don't veto together I just approve or decline but I always contact everyone and get there opinions before I do anything unless its a pretty cut and dry situation. Needless to say, everyone I talked to was not happy about it so I contacted guy mentioned dumping Julio and he said "well I need a running back". I said "well to be fair to the league and for the sake of trying to win, why don't you put him on the trading block and get picks for next years draft or more than just Turner in return this year". He said to cancel the trade and he would so I thought situation was over.
Shortly after talking I get ANOTHER accepted trade from said guy giving up Jamaal Charles (his 1st rd) for Jon Stewart and Dwayne Bowe to other co-worker (my good friend as well).
Well I denied both trades but sent an email to league saying "These two players are available, so give him your offers and if nobody offers him better/equal we will vote". Afterward I tried calling this guy and talking to him but he won't answer or return my calls. He is denying all trades from people (which are better value than what he has) and sticking to wanting said players.
Everyone in the league doesn't think the trade is fair (obviously) but its virtually split down the middle on if they would actually veto it or not. I am going to piss off my good friends by denying it, but piss off a few other people (brothers) by allowing it.
Also add to the fact that this same guy in the same league last year (non-keeper) contacted these exact same two people before the playoffs and said "watch the waiver, i'm dumping" and just cut all his players. I didn't allow it to happen but the fact he would do that made everyone pretty upset. We talked about it before letting him back and he assured me it wouldn't be an issue.
The two friends of mine are arguing that if thats what he wants to do then he should be able to do it, its his team. But its clearly unfair value in players and hes not even asking for picks next year in the case he doesn't like his team (I don't know that, just assuming he is dumping players).
Again, sorry for wall of text but if you read it, what should I do without pissing everyone off?